Ankle Effusion related to arthritis??

Options
sailrib
sailrib Member Posts: 327
edited 25. Jul 2011, 14:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
Ive just read the results of my MRI for both feet and ankles and it says I have Ankle Effusions on both feet...

Ive googled what its means but would like to know if it is down to arthritis. I have coalition of joints and arthritis in my feet any way but I thought my ankle joints were fine, (apart from the subtalar joint, I know some people class that as the ankle joint).

Can ankles effusions be for life?

I wish my person that I see for my feet is not off for 2 months, then I could just ring him.

Thanks.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think I am right in saying that effusion means swelling. I don't know if your version of this dross is an immune-system based one or OA but joint swelling can occur with both. I have had increasingly fat ankles for years now, thanks to PA and now (I think) OA has crept into the right one. I had it steroided today, she could not drain it, it's reduced in size and is hurting differently.

Inflammation is part and parcel of this disease. Ask your GP about taking an anti-inflammatory (if you are not already doing so) and I hope that helps. Rest the affected joint too, elevated if at at all possible. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben