Waiting yet again

Options
lilyflower
lilyflower Member Posts: 41
edited 26. Jul 2011, 14:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
I saw my foot ortho consultant on the 24th May it was a follow up from my last steroid injection in theatre 3 months previously.
He decided that I need another one in another part of my foot on the joint.
He told me that there are 20 joints in the foot and by the time he has finished injecting each one I will be starting again. I just laughed as I thought he was joking, he looked at me with a serious face so perhaps he wasn't. I have been waiting for this appointment since then and got fed up with the pain and discomfort so rang the hos today to see when my app is.
Within seconds he just gave me a date (9th August) so why have I been waiting 2 months for them to send for me. if I hadn't had rang do you think I would still be waiting? I told him I have since been to another hos for a shoulder op and now recovering from that, he said I might have to go in for another mrsa swab if that is the case. They will write to me and let me know. If they hadn't took so long with the app there would'nt be a prob, now I might have to wait longer again :sad:
Feel better now I've let off steam. Jackie

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jackie
    I think it is so daft......there are times that if I havent contacted them i would still be waiting.....what is the NHS coming to these days???
    So I think the answer to your question is probably yes you would still be waiting.
    Love
    Hileena
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    Options
    Hi Jackie

I have the same problem with appointments and test results. I get so fed up waiting that I contact the hospital or doctor and magically my appointment/results are available. I always tell people not to wait around for these things as persistence seems to work.
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Jackie,
    Well I think that is the way of things these days. You have to be the one to chase things up. I waited months only to find that they had lost all my records!
    Good luck on the 9th of August.
    Lv, I x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hi Jackie

l think you are right....chase chase chase and never take your eye off the ball :roll:

Hope the 9 th August CAn go ahead for you though.

Love

Toni xx
  • lilyflower
    lilyflower Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Thanks all,
    it does seem that we have to keep chasing up these nhs appointments. The system needs looking at and changing, its peoples lives they are messing with. I'm just glad its only an injection i was waiting for and not a life saving operation !
    jackie x