Late night moaning session

Options
weejean
weejean Member Posts: 346
edited 26. Jul 2011, 13:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone

Feeling a little bit down tonight !!

Going into hospital next Friday for my THR and I'm feeling more nervous every day. Me and my hubby have spent the last week sorting out the garden for my new wheelchair ramp to be fitted as the old one is a death trap but found out this morning that it will probably be another month before it is ready for installation. The occupational therapist said they could take away the old ramp just now as it is not safe and leave me with no ramp until the new one is fitted. When I asked how I was going to get in and out of the house after my surgery I was told that someone could lift me into the house and I could just stay indoors for a few weeks until the new ramp is fitted. I was really angry about this and have contacted my MP to see if she can help get things sorted out. Later on this evening my GP phoned with news that he had my Husbands heart scan results (my husband has been suffering from chest pains for a while) and there is a problem with the blood flow into his heart and he will need to go for an angiogram quite soon. I am so worried about my Hubby and I am scared that he wont be able to cope my surgery/recovery etc. To top everything off my Mum had skin cancer a few years ago and was lucky enough to catch it early and have it cut away with no lasting effects but it looks like it is back as she has a black sore on her arm which looks exactly like it did last time. I am just having one of those days when everything seems to be getting on top of me. Anyway, I feel a bit better just getting it all off my chest. Sorry for rambling on.
Big Hugs
Jean xx

Comments

• constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jean

I can understand how you are feeling, everything is happening to you. The reason why I said yes to having my THR was so I could continue looking after my hubby and children. Once recovery is over you are straight back to doing what you did before. So when you have your done, then after your recovery you will be able to look after hubby and make sure everything is going ok with your mum. You are getting nervous about your op. It's perfectly natural.

I do wish you, your hubby and your mum well. I am sending you big hugs of comfort to give you the strength to carry on.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    firstly your husband sounds like they have caught it early and will probabully use stents to clear artuarly this done day surgery my farther in law had it done before christmas and he was much better straight away so stop worrying about him. second your mum well we always worry about them but she knows what to expect and i am sure will be ok.
    friday well it going to be scary but we will be with you in thought and it will be worth it.
    the ramp i think that awfull why it taking so long hope it sorted soon val
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Jean...
    Gosh dont you apologise for having a moan, you have so much to deal with, right like you say you need that ramp, so MP it is right away, and your hubby is at the early stage like Val says its much easier to treat, usually day surgery to inflate the arteries.
    And I wish your mum well.
    We are all hear when you need us , I wish you well with the op and everything else.
    Sending you lots of hugs to be going on with (((((())))))
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi jean

Well I hope you eventually got to sleep after all your anxieties.

I just want to wish you luck for friday and hope that your husband is ok too.

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    You have a lot to deal with right now weejean and the emotional stuff (How will your husband deal with your op and after and how will your Mum get on) is pretty much out of your control which makes it harder. I hope it goes well for all of you. The only practical suggestion I could make is can your husband 'bodge' a temporary ramp? An old door or something? (Preferably tested for weight bearing before you are wheeled over it.) I know MR SW would love the challenge though I wouldn't necessarily love being the guinea pig.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Jean
    What a lot you have going on.....when I had my THR my hubby made a ramp.{very home made but it worked} :lol: Any chance of that??

Love
    Hileena
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    Options
    Thanks to you all for your comments, its so good to know I have your support and understanding. I have had a quiet day thinking about everything and I feel much better now. We are going to take each day as it comes and we will get through everything just like we always do. I had my MP on the phone this morning and she is going to get my ramp sorted out as soon as is possible, my husband will make something like you guys suggested if it is needed. My Mum is seeing her doctor on Friday and I am sure she will be fine. My sister has arranged a lovely lunch for me on Saturday as a special treat before I go into hospital next Friday and I am really looking forward to that, it will be a good day. Thanks again for your support it really means a lot to me :)
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx