Hay Fever

Options
alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 26. Jul 2011, 12:35 in Community Chit-chat archive
It's bad today, Iv'e not been this bad for a few years. Horrible, nose blocked, itchy eyes, etc. Anyone else bad. Alanthemanc

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    yes yesterday as well nose blocked feel dizzy if move head to much hope you feeling better soon val
    val
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    Valval
    Yeh, not too much you can do, appart from putting Vaseline up your nose, and wearing sun glasses. I don't know why it's got worse in the last 2 days, maybe it's those friendly council guys cutting the grass 20 yards away, thanks lads. Alanthemanc
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ah, the joys of the immuno-suppressant meds, I am no longer troubled by that accurséd affliction. Lloyds Chemist sell a gizmo that consists of two prongs which emit some sort of red light. It does help people, I know three who would not be without it including a 12 year old: the prongs are placed up the schnozz and the light is activated for a short while and yes, it helps. I think it costs about £25 but is usually on offer. Another tip is to eat a teaspoon of local honey every day, that can also greatly reduce symptoms. Oh poor Alan, I empathise, it is a ghastly time of year for hay fever sufferers. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • annstar
    annstar Member Posts: 5
    Options
    i've never heard of the local honey tip; may have to try that! my advice is if it's that bad to get some hayfever tablets prescribed from the doctor, i'd be lost without mine. They are stronger than over the counter ones and have no drowsy side effects. If all else fails wear big shades and a scarf to protect your face from the pollen!
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    got a gismo and does work great when i remember to use it and meds from doc take all year around as bit of a wuss with this that and the other setting things off and spray but still need steam when it gets like this val
    val