Heavy metal.

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 27. Jul 2011, 17:24 in Community Chit-chat archive
Right why have I got a taste in me gob like I've licked a lump of copper?, it started with T my food tasted metalic and I've just been out in the greenhouse and nibbled a small ripe tomato and that tastes the flippin same, I'm sitting here with an ever increasing taste of orrible metal in me mouth and it's bloody awful?.
Oh and what's with the post free basball bat for old people??????.

Comments

• coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    a lot of meds can give you a metal taste in your mouth mel. have you changed any or upped your dosage
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Aww i'm disappointed now :sad:

sorry mell thought you were into my kind of music :grin:

c020.gif

Cant help with your prob but as coco said have you changed your meds? or have you got an infection or anything ? check it out at the docs??

Rose x
  • PamieAFC1903
    PamieAFC1903 Member Posts: 899
    Options
    meds and anxiety can give you a metallic taste in your mouth, also de-hydration apparently (my mother just added that in lol)
    I ♥ Runrig.

I live, sleep, eat and breathe Runrig!!!!!.
  • sbolam
    sbolam Member Posts: 374
    Options
    yeah I know what you mean..the sleeping pills i had made me mouth feel like i have been sucking on a steel bar all night...no matter what i did i could not get rid of the taste :???:
    04_pain.jpg
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Sure you arent pregnant LOL

I had a metal taste in my mouth then. I wake up with a metal taste in my mouth every morning but mine is definitely my tongue bar. I have heard that some old fillings can cause it too if you have any of them.

Other than that I am with Roses. I thought you liked my kind of music
    Jakib0644.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    this happens also with stroke or heart prob can not for life of me remember what it is so if does not clear or you feel ill get it sorted val
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Gotta watch it if it's old filings Mel...
    It's a proven fact that the Russians have been spying on balding menfolk with glasses for some years now...
    And with the job you do..... Prime target. If you like I can do a quick (won't say painless as such) extraction or three, gratis of course.
    Damn Ruskies...

Me & Ra have travelled the globe extracting such fillings, you wouldn't believe who they spy on. I remember one particular messy job, Ra had told me of an old friend of he's who he used to session with in the seventies.. Noddy Holder.. Yep. What people don't realise is that he's actually head ofa secret organisation that controls peoples thoughts, Noddy that is, not Ra, lol.. That'd be silly :shock:
    For yrs Noddy had managed to cause interference with the signals with his wispy facial hair, but, time took it's toll & his facial hair began to thin.. That's when we had to step in.. Boy was he a screamer, it's actually how he got his trademark yelling from.. We bashed at those nashers for four solid days, using just pliers & brute force, taking it in turns...

Anyway, in the end we managed it..

True story.. In fact Ra often uses it as an icebreaker at parties.
    :???:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    HOORAY :!: :!: Tony's found his sense of humour again :!: I knew it wasn't really lost :!: :lol::lol::lol:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Ye gods what a varied bunch of replies!, thanks all, yeah I do take sleeping tabs and as sbolam says they are bitter things, pamie thanks for the info I am flippin stressed with work so maybe it’s part of the problem. Now coco I’ve dropped my Gabapentin dose I wondered if it was kind of like detoxing?.
    Now then rugbygirl you have a bar in your mouth bloody hell is it s stud in your tongue??, you must be brave!, did it hurt??, and what about eating etc doesn’t it get in the way???.
    Val I feel OK just taste like I’ve bin sucking on a copper bar?, I do get reflux with the Gabs I hear that can do it.
    Now Toni me old Northern monkey, as Joan says it’s good your back to normal we were all worried about you, I always thought you were harder than diamonds ya daft old bugger!. Now then del are you saying those gold filling I got from ebay are duffers!!??.
    And lastly Rose metal eh?, so come on tell me what music your into?, I like all sorts from metal to rap through to classical, metal is good stuff music with balls I always say!.
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Mell,

I love Heavy Metal!! heavier the better for me :grin: the old heavy rock and dont mind a bit of classical oh and a bit of Bob :wink:
    Saw on another thread you went to reading in '81, i was there in '80 :grin:

Hows the metal taste today?

Rose x
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Hi Mell

Well I can say that having my tongue pierced didn't hurt that much although it did swell up to about three times the normal size but once it had settled down (about 3 days) it was fine. That was three days of drinking and the best part was going to a free bar do with the company I was working for and just drinking Vodka all night instead of eating. Worked a treat.

I have trouble eating things like polos, noodles, spaghetti and toffee but apart from that its fine. I forget I have it now. (Polos get stuck over the top so its like playing hoopla).

I went out from work one lunch time to have it done and I was back working about half an hour later. I think I have a liking to pain as I have 8 tattoos as well as having my nose, lip and tongue pierced. I also have the traditional ear piercings but I have 3 in one ear and 6 in the other.

I can safely say that the most painful thing I have had done was my latest tattoo which has been done around my ankle and on to my foot. The foot was the worst because there was nothing to soften the blow like the rest of me.

Hope you are feeling better today and the metallic taste has subsided. Maybe you should start listening to some metallica while this taste issue is about lol
    Jakib0644.gif