had a shock

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 27. Jul 2011, 17:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
ok was on fb today and there was a photo of this blokes hands he has ra .the shock was my hands look exactly the same as his. have always felt there were not to bad but this shook me up something awful. am i just kidding myself only know have inflammation arther so far rheumy does not do labels so is it just coincidence?????? val
val

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Val,

Flower you can;t let a photo on fb worry you like this. Your rumo is treating you and with luck it will all come under control with or without a label. Leaving you a (((((( )))))) and a hope you had a good night and the day will be kind to you. Cris xx
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Val

I saw the same photo, but I wasnt like the photo, mine are worse and I didnt think mine were that bad!

Try not to worry too much, I cant otherwise I think I would just collapse in a heap of a quivering wreck

Janie
  • valval
    hi thanks for replys just made me stop and think you know how every now and then something does that head on straight today so am back to normal going through a bit of a flare which was getting me down a bit with all the aches it brings hugs to both of you val
    val
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Hope you feel better soon Val, glad to hear you are feeling brighter otherwise

Janie
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi Val

Hope you are ok today.
    I am not on face book so I havent seen the blokes hands. Try not to worry too much hopefully your meds will stop it happening, meds are better today than yearss ago.

My hands are really deformed and they do look horrible but hey people talk to your face not your hands. :smile:

Take care and keep smiling.
    Juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    We get used to how we look, we adapt as and when and think nothing of it but we can (and do) feel self-conscious sometimes. No wonder seeing the picture shook you up, these things do, but hey, he isn't you, you aren't him, and I am sure your hands are not as bad as you think. I hope you are feeling better about it all today. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hey Val, as others have said, that's him and you're you. My hands look a mess but that's because I had this for years before there was any decent medication around. Things are different now. In fact a physio told me a few years ago that they saw hardly anyone like me(!) these days as the meds prevent it happening. You're hands will be fine and, in the very unlikely event that they're not, YOU will be fine.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    had to take pain meds last night to get off to sleep hands were burning and aching usually manage to distrack brain from thinking about it (does not always work) with them on my mind they had a field day but all under control tonight val
    val