feet on fire

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 28. Jul 2011, 15:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
Went for blood test no problems with that but as i sat there on hard plastic chair i realised my feet felt like they were on fire and when i stood up it was like i was standing on stones,have only had throbbing before like toothache in feet but this was totaly new,is it only me or do others feel like this? Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Mine hurt all the time, walking is akin to being barefoot on broken glass. Are you using a stick or crutches at all? They can help to ease some of the strain on other joints which might lessen the foot distress. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    Options
    Not at the moment dd am waiting to see podiatrist got app for 9th august.Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Hi MIG

that happens to me too sometimes so l tend to spenda bit more on shoes which have spongy insides (soles).

You could try a cool soak at home see if it helps?

Someone on here uses a cooling gel (te*co)

l have always assumed it to be inflamation.

Love

Toni xx
  • mig
    Options
    Thanks will try that.Mig
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    Hi,

I always explain my feet like walking on broken bones! Xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • ImmaW
    ImmaW Member Posts: 5
    edited 1. Aug 2011, 18:46
    Options
    I usually spend a lot of time trying on different shoes to find the most comfortable. I also try to keep my feet elevated at home and that seems to reduce the swelling and pains. Foot baths can sometimes be nice too.
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    soak in cool water then massage pepermint foot lotion helps a little. ice wrapped in a towel if very hot mine feel like stones under skin never walk in bare feet these days to painfull meds do help val
    val
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    Options
    I have had the same issue. I have been trying to explain to people how it feels and the best description I could come up with was its like wearing high heels or walking on tip toe all the time but it was all over the foot.

Sometimes it is so unbearable I cry myself to sleep.

Might have to try the foot soak next time they are really unbearable
    Jakib0644.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    walking in the surf at sea side does help shame i do not live near sea :grin::grin: val
    val
  • keldi
    keldi Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Hi I sometimes get something similar to this on the soles of my feet. It feel like my feet have been shredded and they are hot and sore. Like all of the other pain I get in multiple joints it waxes and wanes. I find some temporary relief by putting something cold under my foot or standing barefoot on a cool kitchen floor.
  • sugarbuttie
    sugarbuttie Member Posts: 225
    Options
    I suffer the exact same. You have described it so accurately - my feet feel like they are burning & it is akin to having toothache in your feet. Like you, I am waiting to see podiatrist but no appointment date as yet.

I have invested in some croc sandals & clarks unstructured shoes so my feet are cushioned on the soles. I put them on a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a tea towel to cool them down. Nothing really works - just eases the 'fire' sensation. To look at - my feet look completely normal - not red or swollen at all!!

Mine are better than they were a few months ago when it felt like I was walking barefoot on glass. It reduced me to tears.

You have my every sympathy - it is horrible. GP said the burning sensation sounds like nerve pain - she has put me on 25mg of amitriptiline to take at night to help me sleep. It has helped to break the cycle of pain. Before I was getting very little sleep because of the burning, which made my tolerance levels the next day much worse. If I get a good nights sleep, I can cope better with the next day. I am able to get through work / looking after kids if I have had a decent sleep.

Please let us know what you try & if it works xx