So I went to my sons gig last night...

Options
remixmum
remixmum Member Posts: 82
edited 30. Jul 2011, 17:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
...And was delighted to find that I wasnt the oldest there. :roll:

I have never been to a venue that gives free earplugs with your first drink though. :lol:

God, it was loud screaming rock music, but my motherly duty has now been done, and JB has been told that the next time he plays I need an air conditioned bubble and wine.

Good night though and the kids were very respectful of me (they needed to be, I have seen them grow up..I know things) :lol:

Back bad today but I am resting up :grin:
Geri XXX

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    what we mums do for our kids bless them have stood in snow storms watching mine at least yours chose something indoors glad went well val
    val
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Well done, remixmum! Did the ear plugs work? I’ve started to refuse to go to parties in the local sports clubs as the DJs turn the volume up all the time and conversation becomes impossible. AND my airline earplugs don’t work.

However, like Val, for my son I had stood on the touchline in a snowstorm – and that was only cricket!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    What great news that you enjoyed it so much! I bet you were. Very proud mum and enjoyed hopping away to the music, hope you don't pay for it too much with pain. Xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Wow I am glad you enjoyed yourself...we are never to old..for a good gig..I do know what you mean about the noise though...I went with my niece to see gun and roses...OMG..I came out and couldnt walk straight.... :lol::lol: but I loved it....bet you are very proud... :grin:
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Well done remix, what an event and I am pleased you enjoyed it. valval's answer had me roaring with laughter, especially the 'at least yours chose something indoors' bit! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi reximum

I am so pleased you were able to go to your sons gig and that you really enjoyed it. You must have felt so proud.

Juliepf x
  • remixmum
    remixmum Member Posts: 82
    Options
    Right, now I have fully recovered from my night of deafening rock music I can definitely say that yes I am a very proud Mummy

Sticky, earplugs are good but my niece showed me an odd trick that if you need to hear someone talk that you take out one earplug you can hear speech over the music...Weird but it worked :lol:

ValVal, yup it was full of hot, sweaty teens and no aircon, believe me, i would have killed to be in a snowstorm :lol:

Never mind...For my next trick I shall spend 2 weeks with my Mother without the occasional murderous thought :roll:
    Geri XXX
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    Options
    Well done for going to your sons gig. My sons band had their first gig last year and I couldnt make it but I bought loads of tickets to help get them a free recording. To be honest I hate my sons taste in music but like yourself am so proud of him. Good luck regarding spending two weeks with your Mum, I usually last a few days with my Mum then find myself thinking up ways of making an escape.
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    The challenge of your mum could be much bigger than the concert, I would be locked up after two weeks with my mum (even though in love her dearly). X
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    love my mum but two weeks together well one of us would not survive good luck with that val
    val