anti flams (re feet on fire)

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 28. Jul 2011, 13:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
Before i was diagnosed my gp put me on anti flams but said just take for a week at a time then have a break for a week or so as they lose their effectiveness(naproxen).After feet on fire yesterday i started to take them and i must say this morning my feet are feeling a bit better,so im just asking the views of forum members is this something any one else was advised to do?Mig

Comments

• tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Morning Mig

I am glad your feet are feeling a bit better. I have had foot pain similar to yours in the past when my feet have been very inflamed and I know how horrible it is and how difficult it makes things.

As for giving anti-inflamms a break after a week, not heard of this before. I took anti-inflamms regularly for many years without a break. Hopefully you also have a stomach protecting drug to take alongside the Naproxen Mig cos anti-inflamms can be very hard on the stomach. If not, do mention this to the GP if you are going to be taking them regularly.

Thinking of you.

Tilly xxx
  • mig
    do take omeprazole 20mg daily,must say gp who recommended this has since retired.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Like all our meds anti-inflammatories need time to build up in the system to really help, but for some the relief can be quicker. I guess the retired GP was working to the limits of his knowledge but times (and meds) have changed. The omep will protect your stomach, I am glad the naproxen helps you, keep taking it - even just one tablet a day may be all you need. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    Hi all,two days after going back on anti flams feet are feeling a lot better though quite warm but been out for a few hours with shoes and socks on,have been standing on kitchen floor cooling them down.We were out to lunch with aunts and uncles i actually had surf and turf,i usually avoid having a meal where i have to cut food and settle for pasta instead as i had trouble holding the knife properly but managed fine so i dont know wether it was the affects of steroid jab or the lef has started kicking in,which ever it was i really enjoyed my meal and cleared plate.must add do use knife at home as no one can see the struggle i have.Mig