Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Posture Brace

LotsofpainLotsofpain Posts: 147
edited 30. Jul 2011, 06:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
I want to buy a posture brace but the ones i have tried before hurt / cut under the arms

Is there one or a soution

Comments

• julie47julie47 Posts: 6,142
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi lotsofpain

Sorry I can not recommend a posture brace as I haven't got one, but, rather than waste any more money could your ot department perhaps help?

Hope you find a suitable one soon
    Juliepf x
  • constableconstable Posts: 2,115
    I agree with Julie. Why don't you contact the OT dep. I remember when I had to wear,well it was like a corsett I got it through the hospital. So, try your hospital first, they will measure you properly as well for maximum comfort.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    It sounds like a good idea but I reckon it is one of those things that is better done professionally so yes, contact your OT department so they can advise you on a) whether it is actually a good idea for you and if so b) can measure you properly and have one custom-made to your shape and size. The most dread phrase in the English language is 'One size fits all.' No, it bloody doesn't. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben