Hi Its debs

minky67
minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
edited 1. Aug 2011, 08:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello everyone, I thought i should explain why ive not been about much.
ive had so much going on here by the time i sit down at night all i want to do is tinker on my farm on facebook & forget whats going on around me.
My dad has been ill since last year & a few weeks ago we thought we were going to lose him. He is an alcoholic & keeps having fits when ever he drops the alcohol level or increases it. Then has to go into hospital for treatment.This has been happening every 4 to 6 weeks.
My mum fell in june & broke her wrist, then,just after the plaster had been removed dad had a fit,grabbed her arm & split that open she had to have 14 stitches which have only just been taken out.
My mum is now partially sighted & my brother is now there full time carer.
I have had so many different appointments, trigger point injections 4 months ago & now waiting to go in for more. Physio for 5 weeks on my feet. Podiatrists appointments & another coming up. OT & Orthotics appointments for my hand/splints.
My partner has mental health issues which have been getting increasingly worse over the past year & i now have him on medication for this & under the gp.
So you can see my stress levels have been pretty high just lately & im trying to deal with my own health issues as well.
I have been popping in to check on things as much as i can & answering my PMs every day. Ive just not been posting much (Sorry)
So if anyone has some anti de-stressing buckets they can shove my way i'd appreciate them :lol:
take care everyone & i am still about albeit tiptoeing around.
luv debs

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Debs, I'm so sorry things have been going badly for you hun..

You know where we are for the cyber support mi dear...

[ :grin: /b]
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Lovely to hear from you Debs. So sorry that life has been so difficult for you and you haven't been able to post very often. Just take your time and I hope all these worries don't make things too difficult for you.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Debs

It's lovely to see you posting, although I'm sorry that you are having such a tough time at the moment. Life is certainly throwing a lot at you all at once and it would be difficult for anyone to cope in those circumstances. No wonder that you feel stressed when you have your own health problems to deal with on top of everything else.

If I could send some de-stressing buckets to you, I certainly would.... by the dozen :!:

Take care, and I hope that things will gradually improve for you,

Flowers-ThinkingofYou.gif

Joan :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • rugbygirl
    rugbygirl Member Posts: 691
    Hi Debs

I hope you are managing to find a few moments a day to give yourself a break. Try not to stress out too much about things and remember that everything happens for a reason.

You and your family are all in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that this difficult time soon improves for you all and your health issues dont get worse because of your stress levels.

Here for you whenever you need to rant
    Jakib0644.gif
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Debs my love...I did wondered what was going on....its always lovely to see you posting....I really do wish you well with everything...you know where we are when you need us
    Sending you loads of hugs ((((()))) and love xxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Hi & many thanks for the lovely messages.
    Im trying my hardest to relax & forget whats going on (Not easy)
    Im doing ok since i had these trigger points done & the warmer weathers helping with the muscle pains. IBS & the joints are a different matter :roll:

my brothers doing everything that needs doing for mum & dad which does make me feel a bit useless but theres 65miles each way to do everytime we go down. They are getting all the help in place to make things a bit easy for them. Drs & social services have been great. All this should have been put in place a few years ago but they are both so stubborn & wouldnt ask for help. Theyve now got a wheelchair to share which is something that they despairately needed ages ago.

thank you all so much again.
    luv debs :grin:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh dear, you poor, poor thing. At least your ma and pa are getting some care now, it's good of your brother to help them out. I am so sorry to hear of your OH's ongoing problems, and yours too. You know we will always be about on here so pop in and say hello whenever you can. Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Debs Im so glad you are getting the help your mum and dad needs...it will take some pressure off you and your brother, please dont forget to look after your self.....this can happen...you take care and I will be thinking about you, and please let us know how things are.
    Sending you more hugs (((((())))
    Love
    Barbara
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hello Debs, lovely to see you posting but I am sorry that things have still been so bad for you.
    I is a great relief when parents do finally accept help, and I am pleased that your brother is managing to take some of the weight off you. I do hope that your husband will feel more at ease with himself now he is on medication.
    It is good that you have been able to get some treatments that help a little, long may the better weather continue as it does help with the muscles as you say.

Will you be able to get away latter this year I do hope so.

Gentle hugs, Lv, I x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi Debs

just been reading your post and I too am very sorry that you are having so much to deal with.
    Just want to send you some de-stress hugs (((((((((()))))))) and hope things get better for you soon.

Take care
    juliepf x