Hi there - newbie here!

Options
Dodgytoes27
Dodgytoes27 Member Posts: 5
edited 7. Aug 2011, 09:20 in Say Hello Archive
Hi there - just joined the forums and am currently 4 months in recovery from a big toe fusion. Looking forward to gaining some useful advice from folks in the same situation :smile:

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry mate, I cannot help at all but I hope others can. I am muddling along with two sorts of arthritis and would very much like a new (unused) skeleton. The main thing to remember is that the recovery from any kind of operation - even relatively small ones - can take a while. Patience is the key. I think surgeons often give a false impression about recovery 'cos to them they 'do' you, you leave their theatre and lo! you are better. Alas not. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    Options
    Hi Dodgytoes

Welcome to the forum :grin:

I cant help with advice on a big toe fusion but I did have a big toe joint replacement 2 years ago. For the first few months I thought I was never going to get back to normal but I am pleased to say that with a bit of exercise and some patience ( which is not one of my strengths ) my joint is now pain free and functioning normally. Hope someone who has had the same surgery will come along and advise you better. Hang in there and stay strong :P
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • Daveboy
    Daveboy Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi Dodgytoes, like weejean says hang in there, things do get better, not that Ive had a toe fusion but have had other joint ops and they all take time.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi welcome great to have you although sorry you had to find us . can not help just wanted to say hi val
    val
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome hope you get loads of support and laughs from the forum as I do.

Can't help with advice for toe I have AS but we all in similar situation on here. X
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!