Ron's new ankle - update

Options
prefabkid47
prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
edited 15. Aug 2011, 11:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
Is it really over 9 weeks now since I had the new ankle,doesn't seem that long? After being in plaster for nearly 6 weeks,and having now had a leg brace for nearly 4 weeks am due to see the surgeon this coming Tuesday 9th August 4.30pm.Don't know if I can dispense with the brace or more importantly be able to drive! Will have my pockets empty for the day if any of you are free for pocket duty.
Have managed to walk about a mile with crutches and part of that with only one crutch and no adverse effects!!Got caught in the rain it was such a great sensation to feel it on your face after so long confined inside,such simple pleasures!!Indoors am increasingly managing without crutches at all really feel things are progressing.
Still cautiously optimistic.............. :smile: and many thanks for all the support,a great forum and crowd!!
Ron
''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Comments

• bobbyger
    bobbyger Member Posts: 155
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ron,

Great to hear you are doing well. hope everything keeps going as good.

Rob
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi sounds like it going well keep up the good work val
    val
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Ron

I so pleased that everthing seems to be going so well for you. I will most certainly be in your pocket on Tuesday, 4.30. Cant have you dealing with them on your own.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Count me in too. You sound as though you are doing OK, I hope Mrs PFK is well too. Walking a mile and with only one crutch? I am very jealous :mrgreen: but at the same time very pleased for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Ron
    you are such an inspiration to anyone on here that is having the same op, I am so glad things are going well for you, hopefully the driving wont be far behind.
    You carry on improving... :grin:
    Love
    Barbara
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Sounds as if all is going really well , Ron , am so pleased to hear that . Count me in for pocket duty . Jillyb
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options
    Ron

available for pocket duty....do you really think l would miss out on this appt? We've been there right thorugh it all....an amazing journey it's been too and Ron - l am cautioulsy optomistic too :wink: shhh!!! dont tell anyone.

I miss things like driving when l am out of action and of course rain...wonderful stuff isn't it? d005.gif

love

Toni xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,938
    Options
    Hi Ron
    you are doing well and your ankle is doing so well i' sure you will be able to drive.
    i will be in your pocket tomorrow good luck.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Ron
    Yes I know what you mean about missing driving.....I'm just getting back to it...very short distances to start with.
    Good luck for tomorrow....I'll be thinking about you but I have a hospital appointment at 3pm so afraid I cant be in your pocket this time....but I'll be thinking about you and looking for some updates

Love
    Hileena
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Ron,
    Good luck for tomorrow and it will be wonderful if you get the all clear to drive again. you did well walking all that way. I will be in your pocket tomorrow and will bring the mints.

All the best,
    I.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Ron

Just want to wish you good luck for today and say how pleased I am that you are doing so well

juliepf x
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Arrived at hospital and sent directly to X-ray.
    Surgeon said that X-ray showed that ankle joint was excellent and all was in order.Was told that can get rid of the leg brace and, if I wished,wear just a simple neoprene ankle support.This would also give some protection and now allow me to wear normal shoes.Surgeon suggested to use the one stick or crutch for the time being until felt secure and would get more consideration from others when in shops etc.!
    I was also told that I could now drive,but intially just short distances (sods law now came into force,flat battery when I tried to start the car!!!).
    Basically was told to progress at my own speed and that my ankle would tell me when to slow down (been doing this for the last 9 weeks!).
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Hi Ron,

Glad it went so well on Tues (sorry I'm a bit late as always!!)
    I'm sure you will start feeling normal again now you can remove the brace and you are allowed to drive.
    9 weeks is a long time when you are used to your own independance!
    Anita.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,938
    Options
    Hi Ron
    you have done well and you did has you was told.
    all the best to you and your ankle.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • donjohn
    donjohn Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi Ron

Glad to hear the good news - things should progress faster now as the more you do the more you can do.

Donjohn