Blackpool... the horrible demise of this resort

Options
alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 17. Aug 2011, 13:52 in Community Chit-chat archive
My niece and her husband took the kid to Blackpool for an overnight stay a few days ago.
Anyway, booked into the Travelodge not too far from the Prom, no probs, and room and general look of the place seemed ok.
After a reasonable day all seemed ok......... then darkness arrived. The place changed in a matter of hours, and all hell broke loose, drunks singing at 4am, general mayhem from stag / Hen party groups, are you starting to get the picture.
Another thing, after a restless night, the husband nipped out at 6am to a local shop for something for the kid, and was met by 10 very nice chaps trying to buy Vodka, and getting served.
Theyv'e told me " never again"............. be warned Alanthemanc

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Alan
    We had such happy memories of Blackpool...but recently I went for a little hol with my sister-in-law...we had a brilliant time in the day ...but at night we did the theatres...on closing time...we came out to be greeted by reams of druggies begging for money....I am not exaggerating if I say there was a couple of dozen...apparently they wait till the theatres close then all come begging....being two women on our own we were terrified...the man in the theatre said its a regular thing ...they have informed the police who do nothing..
    Such a shame....
    Love
    Barbara
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    Options
    We went there for a long weekend with our two children a couple of years ago. The day time wasn't so bad as there was plenty to do and the drinkers didn't really kick in until lunchtime, late afternoon, but we got no sleep at all at night. The B&B that backed onto ours was full of groups of blokes and they were screaming and shouting till gone 6am.

At some points it got heated as well, so we felt a bit unsafe, but unfortunately as they advertise it as the place to go for stag and hen parties, people will go there and get very drunk.

We were lucky not to have been approached by druggies though. That must have been a bit scary!

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    It was like that 15 years ago, I went up that way to do some contract work and we decided to stop off there one evening to have a look you know see the sights etc, we had only just parked up and were walking down by the roller coaster and there was a fight between a security guard and a guy going on, lots of shouting and swearing so we thought "bugger that for a lark" and left, we later learned others who worked on the same job as us had been there and had also had seen and been generally messed about by drunk thugs there so we were all advised to keep well away.
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    Options
    Blackpool needs a complete clean out. Drugs, drunks, prostitution etc has spoilt the once family resort.

They should look to places like Benidorm which has spent millions making it a family resort fit for all members of the community.
    In Spain, overnight the beaches have tractors to sift out all rubbish, the streets are cleaned and sprayed so they are spotless in the mornings.

This is just another fault in the UK, we've let things slide, values have been forgotten.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I love the sea side but it's all the plastic tat and piss heads that mess it all up, there's always those who go on the beach and allow their dogs to crap and then there are others who once they have finished they leave all their rubbish about the place makes my blood boil. Same with the local hill I fly from, people go up there for the beautiful view then leave their mess behind.
    And while I'm on a rant who is it who bags up their dogs fud then hangs it in the nearest bush!,I mean what the hell is that all about??!!.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Dont tell me about dog poo, we have some houses built recently just down the road from us....and I am sure every flipping house has a dog....now dont get me wrong I have always had dogs up to a few years ago....but I took the poo home....what do they do on our rd....chuck over peoples fences....I cached one of them.....so I scooped it up...followed him home and put it on his window sill with a note.... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara