I am a Grandma for the first time.

Options
lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 18. Aug 2011, 14:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
Whoopie both Daughter and baby are doing fine after a long labour ....bless her she ended up with a c section. Born 12.01 this morning and a small 9ib and 1 1/2 oz..... Now all they have to do is pick a name they both like.... well they have 6 weeks!!!!!

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Many many congratulations.I have a fridge magnet that says "if i knew grandchildren were this much fun i would have had them first".Enjoy .Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Lupin that is wonderful news, I still remember when I was first a grandma nearly 14 years ago....you never forget...and yes you are in for lots of laughter and happiness......by the way you didnt say if she had a girl or boy.... :grin:
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw, that is wonderful news. Congratulations. My little grand daughter was three last week and her party was on Sunday. Time has just flown by. I love her to bits; I never knew that I would ever be as happy as I am to be a grandparent. It is a wonderful feeling.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    Options
    Congratulations !!
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Congratulations to the proud new Grandma, wishing you lots of treasured moments, cuddles and hugs with your new granddaughter.

From all the Mods and A.C. online team.
    xxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    oh lupin

Congratulations that is lovely news

Juliepf x
  • lupin15
    Options
    A little girl.....going to nip up and see her at dinner time. Fingers crossed they escape on Friday. Poor loves have been unable to find somewhere to live...such a shortage of council properties and unable to get a mortgage even though they can avoid to pay for one...grrrrrrr (partner does not have a permanent contract) private letting is way to pricey and they have been gazumped with that several times... So they are going to be living with us for a while... So have had a word with my daughter ....we are going away as soon as she comes out so they have a chance to bond with the wee one...Her partner has got time off so she will have someone running around after her..(if he doesn't one of her bigger brother is here and will sort that out.. :lol::lol::lol: .) In a way i hope the council don't find anywhere until she is fit enough to do everything... mind you she can still take a place and sort it out slow time....(well the family can) and then she can move in.
    Now all she has to do is pick a name...she is thinking of Saskia which i think suits her and such a pretty name...watch this space for the name.. :grin::grin::grin::grin:
  • Daveboy
    Daveboy Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Congrats, I got 4 g/kids, love em to bits
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Lupin
    What a lovely grandma you are, I bet they will really appreciate the time together, and I wish them luck on getting somewhere of there own
    A little girl.. :grin::grin:
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Congratulations

Its an amazing feeling isnt it and trust me that feeling gets bigger. You dont think you could love as much as our own child then you have a grandchild and its amazing. My Granddaughter was 1 in JUne the year has flown by but Ive been lucky to see her most days of her life so far and seen all the developments and changes in her. right now she s into Adele and JLS new song with Dev and sings the oh oh oh oh ohoh when she wants us to put it on for her. She loves dancing and singing.

Enjoy and congrats again
    Love
    Theresa xx
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Congratulations to you both! You must be so pleased. I wish you lots of fun in the future watching her growing up. Amanda/bubbadog.xx
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Lovely news , many congratulations . Jillyb
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Congratulations Lupin. Such a shame about the housing issue. Don't think housing is affordable anymore for youngsters. It is a nightmare and something needs to be done to help people get on the housing ladder.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    many congratulations to all xx
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • lupin15
    Options
    Daughter, Partner and Baby Ava ( yes she has a name now) are all at home. All of the are asleep...Baby Ava downstairs under the watchful eye of Granddad and the dog.... How lucky are we.. :grin::grin::grin::grin: