Strange thing

Options
scozzie
scozzie Member Posts: 333
edited 2. Sep 2011, 07:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all
Just realised a strange thing ... I'm an asthmatic and usually suffer from regular colds/bronchitis/chest infections ... I have been taking pain dullers (cocodomol and ibuprofen) since the end of February when all this pain became a full-time part of my life and yet I've now gone at least seven, maybe eight months without suffering from a cold ... Could there be a correlation between the tabs and an improvement in my immune system?
If so, long may it continue!
Scozzie

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,481
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Eeeh Scozzie :smile:

l don't know, but whatver is causing it....long may it last a010.gif

You ok then taking ibuprofen? Doesn't affect your breathing negatively?

Hope you have a good weekend planned? I do!! My Sis on her way down to teh Midlands from Dundee :grin: yipee!!!

Love

Toni xx
  • scozzie
    Options
    Thanks Toni
    Ibuprofen doesn't have any effect on my asthma, nor does aspirin ... so I guess I'm lucky in that respect.
    My wife and I are off tomorrow to drive down to Newcastle to catch the ferry to Amsterdam for a mini cruise, with an overnight stay before returning home.
    Hope you enjoy your sister's visit!
    Cheers
    Scozzie
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Scozzie

I gone the other way and have had a permanent cold for as long as I have known Toni :lol: Not implying its her fault :lol:

Its possible and someone else said it though I can;t remember who.... Its different from person to person I guess but hope it will continue for you and can I borrow some cold resistance please :wink:

Hope you both have a great holiday :grin: Cris x
  • scozzie
    Options
    Hi all
    Looks like I spoke too soon ... feels like I'm coming down with a doosy of a cold – throat's sore, chest is aching and tight, I'm feeling listless and my joints are aching but thats probably because my OA's worse than normal – which raises the question ... how will I ever know if I have the flu? lol
    BTW the wife and I had a great break.
    Cheers
    Scozzie
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You'll know a deal quicker than those of us on the immuno suppressants! I hope you are not going to be too ill, get going with the hot lemons, paracetamol etc and I hope you can stave off the worst of it. Coddle yourself a little, that always helps. I hope you had a good break. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Scozzie funny you should say that..
    I too ised always have a cold virus of some sort but since my symptoms started september last year i have had one cold i think.. is it a coincidence or it could be the fact i don't work with the NHS anymore lol...
    As DD said get the hot lemon and tissues at the ready and get yaself wrapped up..sweat that cold out..xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I was just thinking about this last night. I used to permanently have a chest or throat infection, often both, but since starting methotrexate (an immune system suppressing drug), I have been totally infection free. Strange ole world, eh?

Lots of hot drinks, rest and paracetamol and hopefully that will keep your cold at bay.

x
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Don't know but long may it last! x
  • scozzie
    Options
    Thanks all!
    And yes it is a cold, not man flu - although I did wake up feeling awful this morning. Debated whether to go in to work or not, unfortunately the guilts won ... mainly because my boss isn't very understanding about people taking time off for a cold (the exception being during the swine flu scare), and I usually wait for the cold to hit my chest (I'm asthmatic) cos I know I'll need the time then - a chest infection will lay me up for a good week!
    The strange thing there is I haven't had a sickie since I had a basal cell skin removed from behind my left ear ten months ago ...
    Btw can't take any more paracetamol for the cold as I'm already juiced up on my daily maximum of 8/500 cocos ... so no lemsips either ... lol
    Hope you're all well,
    Scozzie
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    Funny you say that ever since being a little girl (and thats a long time ago) I have had severe hay fever but not a little bit of it for the last two years!!

All enjoy your weekends they sound like fun. xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    well scozzie I was just about to say long may it last and go get some cocos for myself. :grin: then read further on that you have spoke too soon :sad:

I hope you feel better shortly and I hope you enjoyed your mini break.

Take care
    juliepf x
  • scozzie
    Options
    Thanks again all, my OH and I had a great time in Amsterdam on our wee break. The only problem was my camera inside a backpack got a bit damp in all the rain and is now malfuctioning ... it's now in being looked at – hopefully it won't cost too much to repair, it is a high end camera so it will probably cost a few bob to fix ... lol.

Cheers again
    Scozzie