Window screen smash in!!!

Options
lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 23. Aug 2011, 14:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well what a lovely world we live in...My lad phoned me yesterday to tell me that someone had smashed his window screen in...Thoughtless yobs (i thought.) We have lived in that road for over 10 years and never had anything like that happen before...Had had cars scratched but nothing like this. As the day progress my lad phoned me up and said one of his friends parents cars had been done but far worse. Alll the windows smashed in...body work looked like a bat had been taken to it and scratched. Next thing a woman locked on our fornt door and asked about the lads car...explained that her daughters car had had its window screen also smashed in..... Now was this just mindless thugs...
All three knew a couple of young people and all had had a small fall out..... Told my lad to phone the police and inform them so they could attach the cases together.
Now because of this my lad cannot get to work....has to try and get his screen fixed (quoted over £400 by auto glass) which he cannot afford. We are going to have to pay for it. The other car looks like a right off.
The thing that really makes me mad is the police have not come out to see my lad.... I am keeping my fingers crossed that whatever the people used to smash the cars up is in the boot of their car...but the longer the police leave it to check the more time they have to realise that they have to get rid of it.
My lad is all for going around and sorted it out...i have said keep well clear....never liked the lad (he use to hand around with him...told him he was bad news but they never listen). His girlfriend is also a loose cannon and they are both into drugs...(must be wonderful for her two kids!!!!). I am a great believer and calmer......they will get what is due to them... but not by us. Lets hope the polce turn up today and get his statement and go around to check them out. With luck she has been stupid enough to drive up our wayat 4am in the morning...she would have been picked up on the cameras...loads in the area. Cannot how she is goiing to explain away being out at that time in the morning...and where were her kids??? Watch this space...OH for a quite life....does it exist???

Comments

• liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    oh my God!!
    what a world welive in at times!
    did no one hear anything???
    the police shouldve sent someone round quite quickly but they never do, soco shouldve come incase any prints couldve been lifted, take it they didnt go through the car before damaging it??
    i so hope you get it sorted out quickly, well done to your boy for getting away from the types like those responsible... they will get their comeuppence!

(((hugs)))
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Lupin that is absolutely terrible and I know how your lad feels.

My daughter was at uni when her rear window was smashed. She used to park in a carpark not far from the uni and one day came home with a hole and splattered glass on the back seat, plus.....the stone.
    This was done obviously by some thugs that had nothing better to do. It had also happened to other cars too.

We was going to get the car fixed privately and that was about £400 too, so my husband checked her insurance. Get your son to check his. We got my daughters window fixed for half the price because she was fully comp and hers also mentioned her windscrene.

Hope you can get it sorted soon, and at a cheaper price than £400

Juliepf x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    there are some awfull people about sorry this happened and do hope that it gets sorted cheeper val
    val
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    When they catch these people, they should make them repay out of their beer and **** handouts! Community Service - preferably in the streets where they caused the trouble!

Nxx
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    So sorry to hear this..

Hope it's not too expensive to get it fixed.
    Marion
  • lupin15
    Options
    Well folks because the cia were soo busy they were unable to come out to take prints off the cars until....after the rain....only smugged prints left when they turned up...grrrrrrrrrrrrr. I understand they are busy but it is soooo anoying. Lads insurance does not cover as he went 3rd party...
    The lad has hardly any work as he is temping so no money to get it fixed.
    What a bloody mess... I just hope they catch up with them....
  • liesa
    Options
    just had mine replaced at the cost of £75, go through the phone book sometimes theyre not as dear as we think, my excess was £80, also try the scrap yards, sometimes they may fit them in for you,
    love and hugs
  • lupin15
    Options
    Went through phone book and found one for £130 which would come out to the house.... what a difference in price. Lent money to lad so he can get it fixed. The horrible thing about all this is we have heard that they maybe moving onto our estate to live in a private letting.... Just cannot wait. Looking at buying camera to put up outside the front and back of our property if that is the case. Makes me feel sick to the stomach that people can do mindless violence cost people money and get away with it.
  • liesa
    Options
    maybe u need to bring others into this, MP.s, Dr, this is bound to affect your health, not sure if possible but maybe if they contact the council etc they could keep them away from getting a house in your street so to speak, to be honest if they wanna cause trouble they will fnd ur boy wherever they lived, i think the camera could be the better option...
    Good luck... lets hope they will just clear off ... fngers crossed
    love and hugs
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Noticed that Nina suggested community service for the yobs ; just like to say no thanks to that ! It's used here in Brighton and as soon as we see the dreaded fluorescent bibs printed with " community payback " arrive in the area ; it's lock doors and windows and remove the keepsakes from view ! Always guaranteed to make us nervous . Jillyb
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    Ooooh, really, Jilly? Never thought of it like that!

Nxx