Hopefully getting somewhere

Options
woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 22. Aug 2011, 17:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello, thank you all for your kind messeges; things have been going as well as expected and a lot of progress seemed to be coverd. Then, they had an unexpected call from the hospital; the timeing couldn't have been worse. Brian's 87 year old father, who has recently been addmitted into a nursing home, has just had a major stroke , and it is touch and go whether he'll be able to pull through. He is in the large, local hospital, which isn't far for them to visit, but is the last thing that Brian needed to cope with. It dosen't seem fare that yet anoter medical problem has hit them. Oh well, thats life and things are never really fair, so we just have to hope for everyone's sake that things don't drag on too long, for everybody's sake!
My arthritis is quite achey at the moment. I have to go to the
health centre for a blood test tomorrow!
Love Suexxx

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sue

Don't really know what else to say other than I am sorry for what has happend to brians dad.
    Sending you all hugs at this very worrying time (((((())))
    and sue I will be in your pocket tomorrow when you go for your bloods.
    Hope the aches and pains you have today have gone by then. :smile:

Juliepf x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    thinking of you.good luck for tomorrow.Mig
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Thinking of you , Sue , it must seem as if it never rains but it pours lately ! I am amazed at how strong you are ; no wonder you've felt achey and stressed . Please try and concentrate on YOU for a while , good luck with the bloods . Jillyb
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sue,

Just echoing the others and well leaving a (((( ))))) ad a hope that Brian's dad will be ok and the stress will not effect Brian's recover.#

Good luck with your blood and the bones might be asking you to just ease up and take a bit of rest tine. Love Cris xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I'm not surprised you're feeling stiff and achey, Sue. It'd be surprising if you weren't given all you've been going through. I'm also sorry about the latest bit of bad news. Please try to rest up a bit and I hope the blood test is OK.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,481
    Options
    Hi Sue

it never rains but it pours :roll:

Your poor Brian.

he must be beside himself with worry 87 years ans a major stroke. Mind you as you know some people really bounce back after a stroke let's hope he is one of those. Fingers crossed :wink:

You take care your extra aches could be being exacerbated by worry.

Love

toni xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Thank you for the replies. Things are settling a bit for my niece, but her elderly father in law has had a serious stroke and is not expeted to pull through. Can you believe it? I know it's never a good time to have an elderly perent ill, but this timeing couldn't be worse, still at least its happened whilst Brian is getting councelling, so hopefully they will help him through.

I've got over my UTI, no symptoms but have to give another, as they've found an infection, but need to check I've had the right antibiotic - it seems to be gone though, thank goodness. :wink:
    Love Suexxx
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hi Sue,

So sorry to hear about Brians Dad. Sending all of you my thoughts and (((((())))))

love Eileen xx