re clinic visit

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 22. Aug 2011, 10:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Afternoon all,Had a really good visit at clinic saw rhummy nurse blood pressure normal,blood tests were good and showed no problems with lef markers are right down ,i talked to her about achey knees ,so after walking up and down for her and being prodded and poked looks like i am compensating for bad feet by altering the way i walk,which hubby said after that he noticed my walk was slightly difererent not that i felt anything myself,she said one or two things could help like not crossing legs and elevating them,make sense,told her about shoes im to get but not till november she said please stick with them because it will take time to get used to them as they will be trying to correct the way i walk.
Also asked her about lupus which she told me they check for it when i have bloods done no sign of it ,i havent had any skin problems for over 6 years.so all in all a good positive visit.cuppa time.Mig :lol:

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm very pleased it went so well, mig.

Am I right in 'remembering' you're having surgical shoes made? If so, when your lady says 'stick with them' do but make sure they don't rub you anywhere or dig in or squash anything. Just send them back for alterations if they do. It's important to get them exactly right.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    Options
    Hi Mig,
    Good to hear you had such a positive appointment, it's nice when that happens, it makes things just a bit more bearable, long may it continue. Good luck with the shoes, I had insoles made (not the same I know) and thought they would take some getting used to, but I was alright after the first day and they've made a lot of difference, so I hope you have a good experience.

Sue x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am pleased to hear that it went well and what good news about the markers: the lef appears to be doing its stuff so three cheers for that. I always rest with my legs elevated and yes, we do change the way we walk without knowing as we do try to compensate (and thus make other stuff hurt). I hope the shoes help - what about some good insoles in the meantime? When I put mine in my shoes I am amazed at how they 'straighten' my knees. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    thanks sticky,yep it is shoes im getting will remember what you said.

Hi daisy,what sort of inner soles would you recommend? hope you feeling better today.Mig
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Mig

Glad your appointment went well.
    Good luck with your shoes when you get them. Hope they help you walk properly

Juliepf x