At long last!

Options
tj66
tj66 Member Posts: 54
edited 24. Aug 2011, 17:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
What a day - had my consultant appointment today - Went to see a Rhuematoligist. I thought i had wasted my time, saw a very young female doctor who asked me several questions before i realised she wasn't listening to my answers and was butting in before I'd finished if she wasn't hearing what she needed. She was obviously very newly qualified or still in training. When she had finished she said that she would like to speak to the consultant about me.

What a wonderful man! He asked if I had seen my MRI and proceeded to show me exactly what my problem was, he loved my pain map, thank you so much for the idea.

The reason my hands go numb is because I have discs bulging out and narrowing the space around my spinal cord-the cord is not completely compromised but when I'm in certain positions and whilst I sleep the discs are pressing on the cord - this is not great - but unless it is completely compromised they would not operate.

I also have been told that I have Reynaurds too - The consultant was brilliant and saved the day for me.

What a shame the Orthodeadic surgeon didn't explain this in March.

I can sleep peacefully tonight xx Thank you for your support xxxx

Comments

• weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Tj

I am not happy about the news you received today but I am glad that you now have a diagnosis and everything has been explained to you. Its so frustrating when you dont know whats going on. I hope you have a good nights sleep and get all the help you need now. Sweet dreams xx
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Tj66

glad your appointment went well and that you now have explainations on what is happening. I am glad you are now more settled and hope that you did get a good nights sleep.

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    glad things went well,its good when they take the time and not rush through.Mig
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    I am glad that you have some answers. Have they suggested physio or given you any advice? You will need to know what positions aggravate things and what not to do etc?? Speak to the gp for more info if necessary.
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    Im pleased you got some answers shame its what it is but at least you now know xxx
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,481
    Options
    Hi TJ66

so very glad you now know what is happening for you and that you feel so much better for it. This is often the way isn't it??!!

I hope the lass who was learning learns a bit more before being 'let loose' on the public alone. All being well she will.

When l was training to be a Social Worker l used to do things a bit like that at first. I think it was because l was nervous to get everything done and nothing forgotten :oops:

Love

Toni xx
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    Hi,

Glad you have more information hope there is something they can do now to help you further. Also glad the pain map helped. Xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • tj66
    Options
    Hi All,

Thank you so much for your concern and good wishes!

I wanted to leave feed back for the young female-but wondered if I was being a bit too fussy as I am of a proffession where we ensure our interviews and interactions are client lead-I have had lots of training to ensure I am hearing exactly what my clients are telling me and there welfare is at stake if I don't do my job properlly!

I have had a very hard day today the service we provide is being restructured and although my job profile fits in with new structure there are more staff than jobs - as a result I with have to reapply and be interviewed for my own job.

I'm feeling very emotional and worried as my confidence has been knocked by my health issues - and my mum has just chosen to sit with her friends rather than hear how I got on at the hospital Monday when I called to tell her this evening. (after waiting a few days cause I thought she might phone me to find out how I got on!)

I'm so sorry - I want to cry my eyes out!

Tracey xxx
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the stress you are under.

I understand what you mean about your mum my mum dose the same thing, she doesn't seem interested I wonder if she in some way feels guilty or thinks if she doesn't talk about it then it will go away. Xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • tj66
    Options
    Oh Anky!

I've tried to see where she is coming from - she was widowed 7 years ago when my dad died very suddenly aged 59 - I have put my grieving on hold whilst trying to do all i can for her. I have had to take a step back to ensure I am well enough and have the energy for a very stressful job! I feel so hurt, and yes I think you're right that she wants to blank it out-she is only happy when she is with her friends, when she sees me I think I remind her how sad she is!

It just feel like she isn't interested now I can't run about as I used too! I could really do with her support. I don't know! What would we do if we didn't have this place to come and belong. Thank you for knowing how I'm feeling. xx