Update from French froggy land! X

Options
Ankyspond
Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
edited 24. Aug 2011, 05:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello my forum friends,

Just a quick update on the griswolds family holiday in France! Having a lovely time and the weather been very kind to us, managed to confuse every French person we have spoken too, gone wrong way around an island, and even the wrong  way up a one way street and lived to tell the tale! 

The aches and pains have been quite good to me I think due to the hot weather and maybe meth kicking in. Although I did feel it today in a moment of madness yesterday (or trying to please everyone) agreed to go on a bike ride, I can hear you all now saying WHAT! I was quite pleased when I rode into town and down to the port and beach, then my lovely husband and children told me they were planning to ride a 30kms Coastal path, huh not me, no way. I came back to our site  via every single road in the town cos can't read or speak French, made it back to the pool with a very nice glass of wine needless to say today was a bit painful. 

We have so many funny tales to add to our silly family tales. We head home on Thursday via a visit to omaha beach to keep the hubby happy and the carrefour to keep me happy need lots of wine to bring home!

Noticed few new people will catch up with them when I get back, got to go and show the French how to boogie now (I wish)!

Love to all, speak soon. Anky xxx

P. S fab news yesterday our best friends had a beautiful baby girl  in Dublin we flying over to meet her on Tuesday. Xx
AS Sufferer
Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    have great time do not forget wine for cafe val
    val
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Glad you're having a good time.

By the way, I like red wine :grin:

Magenta x
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    Options
    Hey Anky

Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday :grin:
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Anky,

Good to hear from you :grin:
    Enjoy your self and just remember to lasso that sun and tie it to the back of the plane....

Leaving a good holiday draft and a ((((( ))))) cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Hi there Anky!!

Now you are making me envious :mrgreen:

I miss France!! Maybe have to emigrate :lol:

Daisycat will become Daisylechat :shock:

Glad you are having a fantastic time and that all your mishaps have not resulted in any real harm coming to anyone French or English :lol:

The bones do love warmer weather don't they?

and congrats on that baby your friends have had. Fantastic news.

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hiya, sounds great ,i like any wine so long as its wet.Mig
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    We all have one two things in common then arthritis and a love of wine.

Sat here waiting for them all to drag themselves out of bed, not nice weather today so will have to have plan B instead of the beach! Ran out of Naproxen yesterday and really feeling it now and not got a prescription here so dreading next couple of days with the build up of pain.

Bye for now, xxx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Nice to hear from you. Ouch on the naproxen :sad: Have to use the wine instead :wink:
  • keldi
    keldi Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Hi. I am glad that you are having such a good time. You are making me feel quite envious. Looking forwards to hearing an update.

Diane
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Anky

Enjoy the rest of your hols - hope you will be ok without the naprox. Yep, you will have to drink more wine for medicinal purposes ..... of course. :lol:

Take care
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Anky
    What a brilliant post....these type of holidays are what you will always talk about in the future....now when you come back I want to hear the rest of the tales.
    You enjoy the rest of your hols.
    Love
    Barbara