DLA REFUSED AGAIN...

Options
liesa
liesa Member Posts: 821
edited 29. Aug 2011, 04:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Told ya so....
the Dr stitched me up!
have got the 160 page report back and at first he states what all knew about me....
then near the end of the 160 pages he wrote, lent down to pick handbag up no trouble, opened purse to get drivers license out to show him proof... manage to put it away again with no problems,
managed to open the front door to let me in no problems, no problems using door handles....
managed to get in and out of her chair with no aid and no problems, er we bought the new sofas/armchairs last november and the chairs are higher then the type u can sink into, (we took note of how my dad coped getting in and out, he couldnt get off my last furniture and i also had problems) hence choosing one with ease he asked me to lie on the sofa and because i got up ok that was against me to... its a high suite and not deep cushions so u sit more to the edge.... hence being able to get on and off the chairs ok.... he says i use moderate pain medication... i was told it was the best the Dr could give me.. and cocodamol doesnt work all the time so i take tramadol also, i also have had /butrans patches and oramorph in the past but refused to go down that road i have had acupuncture and phsyio and hydrotherapy and still my knee is the same... God im so frustrated i wanna go scream in his face!! every little thing i did he noted and wrote down...
yes i can go down the Tribunal route but no chance theyre not making a fool out of me anymore!!!
love and hugs
8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Lisa Im so sorry, I am fuming for you, Its disgusting, you have gone to the trouble of buying furniture you can get out of and it has gone against you.
    I honestly dont know what else to say, what on earth do they want, us sitting about like cabbages.. :roll:
    You take care, but I know one thing I would carry on appealing.
    Love
    Barbara
  • liesa
    Options
    next step is tribunal... im not begging them
    love and hugs
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    Options
    Hey Liesa

So sorry to read your post, it makes me so mad. Why should you have to justify that you have bought furniture to make your life easier, if you had an old sofa that you couldnt get out of, that would be in your favour. This is ridiculous. I hate how these people come to your home, where you are obviously trying to make yourself as comfortable as possible, and decide that they know exactly how easy or difficult your life is within about five minutes. I would like for one of them to have a day in your life and feel every pain you have and understand how frustrating even the simplest of things can be. I really do feel for you. I know its not easy to go ahead to a tribunal, but please give it some thought, they want you to give up. I dont really know what else to say :x I am thinking of you and hope you find the strength to keep fighting xx
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi i have not gone down this route yet can still manage to work so far but as you know it good and bad days we get i have no advice for you but do you want to give up and let them win not sure if i would ask c.a.b. what they think
    val
  • tj66
    tj66 Member Posts: 54
    Options
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear that you have gone through this! I feel so cross on your behalf-I have no advise I'm afraid-just wanted to offer a little bit of support. I hope in a few days you might feel able to continue the fight to get what is rightfully yours.

Tracey xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Oh Leisa :sad:

I am so so sorry.

That sounds an awful experience.

I do NOT blame you at all for wanting to forget it and put the whole sorry experience behind you. Give it time and then decide.

You will be constantly mulling it over at the moment and getting upset about it...once this stage has passed you will be thinking clearly again.

Is it still worth running this by CAB?? I only ask as being able to get your driving licence out doesn't seem overly relevant to your application. :???:

Whatever you decide ((((()))))

from me

love

Toni xx
  • gray29
    gray29 Member Posts: 23
    Options
    sorry to hear this, i have been as far as tribunal and still got turned down, the tribunal is ok not to scary, what i've read about you i think you should go to tribunal as you will get a better chance to explain your situation and what you hav had to endure to get to where you are.

hope this helps
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Hi Leisa,

So sorry to hear this news. It makes me sick the way these bloody Doctors access you. It's so black and white for them. They should try being in our shoes for a day and see how they get on.
    I understand you don't want to go to a tribunal but I wouldn't let them get away with it.
    Don't them them grind you down.
    Take care,
    Anita x
  • wendylou
    wendylou Member Posts: 88
    Options
    liesa wrote:
    Told ya so....
    the Dr stitched me up!
    have got the 160 page report back and at first he states what all knew about me....
    then near the end of the 160 pages he wrote, lent down to pick handbag up no trouble, opened purse to get drivers license out to show him proof... manage to put it away again with no problems,
    managed to open the front door to let me in no problems, no problems using door handles....
    managed to get in and out of her chair with no aid and no problems, er we bought the new sofas/armchairs last november and the chairs are higher then the type u can sink into, (we took note of how my dad coped getting in and out, he couldnt get off my last furniture and i also had problems) hence choosing one with ease he asked me to lie on the sofa and because i got up ok that was against me to... its a high suite and not deep cushions so u sit more to the edge.... hence being able to get on and off the chairs ok.... he says i use moderate pain medication... i was told it was the best the Dr could give me.. and cocodamol doesnt work all the time so i take tramadol also, i also have had /butrans patches and oramorph in the past but refused to go down that road i have had acupuncture and phsyio and hydrotherapy and still my knee is the same... God im so frustrated i wanna go scream in his face!! every little thing i did he noted and wrote down...
    yes i can go down the Tribunal route but no chance theyre not making a fool out of me anymore!!!
    Hi like you last year i applied for D L A kept on getting refused, I have OA in both Hips and Knees also i have got degenerative spine disease with bulging discs which irritate a nerve that affects my left leg also a lot of swelling in my left leg so I cannot get out without my wheelchair which my poor hubby has to push, So i ended up going to a tribunal and im'e not saying this might happen to you but i went through hell it was a terrible experiance and i have a Benifit officer helping me, When we went in the room i was in my wheelchair the Dr was asking some stupid questions like who does my hair and who buys my clothes, I thought im'e here with things wrong with the bottom end of me what's my hair got to do with it, i put on my form cannot walk 0 metres and put on it i use a wheelchair, she asked me how far can you walk so i replied not far,then the care person asked how do i manage the stairs i replied with diffuclty as i cannot carry anything up or down stairs as i have my stick in one hand and hold on to the rail with other so she said get a big apron with big pockets in it and a big bag to put ov er my shoulder After going through all that stress i still got turned down, i told my Gp because he wrote a very nice letter explaining how bad i was he was fuming, He told me to put a fresh claim in and make sure my bennifit officer puts his name down for them to get in touch with him only, he was so mad about the situation because as well as calling me a liar they are calling my G P one too, but if i get refused again i am not going through all that again its too much stress, any way i am sorry if i have put you off but i thought i whould tell you of my bad experiance, But i do hope you have some good luck.Wendylou
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Wendy :shock:

have you thought about going to your MP?? I only say so as l think 'they' in the govt who make these decisions about how to save money are not aware HOW it is saved....you turn up in your chair and he/she might 'get' it and eventually it will get heard in parliament where it needs to be. (just a thought Wendy dont do anything which makes you worse :shock: )

I am so sorry :sad:

Love

Toni xx
  • wendylou
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Wendy :shock:

have you thought about going to your MP?? I only say so as l think 'they' in the govt who make these decisions about how to save money are not aware HOW it is saved....you turn up in your chair and he/she might 'get' it and eventually it will get heard in parliament where it needs to be. (just a thought Wendy dont do anything which makes you worse :shock: )

I am so sorry :sad:

Love

Toni xx
    Hi Toni thanks for your reply i did not know you could go to your M P about such things as this, but don't think i could go in front of some panel, when i went to the Tribunal i went in my wheelchair, My benifit officer got on to them after when he found out i got refused and asked them how they come to this desicion they sent the paperwork back to me and they said i had over exagturated my claim form, i don't see how i could have done this i just told the truth, if they whould have had a Bible there i whould have swore on it,it really annoyed me the way they spoke to me you think i was already getting somthing and i had been found out as one of these awfull cheaters, but for them to say i and my G P is lying because thats the way it come over to me i was really upset what i went through i was ill for a week after that as i suffer from high blood pressure i tell you never again,as i said Toni thanks for your concern. love Wendylou xx.
  • sandysue
    sandysue Member Posts: 25
    Options
    I think the MP route is worth a try for anyone getting a raw deal. I contacted my local MP after being declared 'fit for work' after an ESA assessment and she is demanding a review of my case. Don't know if it will do any good but is worth a try especially when you are telling the truth. Personally I would appeal, I will never go down without a fight, but do appreciate how stressfull and demeaning the whole process is.
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I'm not so sure there is any fairness in this system, it's just a system administrated by poorly trained staff who give out differing results on a random basis.

I don't suppose a new system would be any better, or fairer, so the only thing we can do is learn to work with this one.
  • liesa
    Options
    Wendy... what chance do i stand then if they turned you down...

these people make my blood boil!! i just pray i dont lose my mobility part of the DLA, which makes me laugh bad enough to get that but not for the care part lets hope they end up in the same boat as many of us are in.... i so love karma!
    love and hugs
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hi leisa. . So sorry to hear your news. I know how your feeling. When I had my medical assessment he too wrote I could do this that and the other but didn't explain that this was only due to changes I had made in my life. He told so many lies, that I have so far wrote 3a4 pages of his lies towards my appeal and i'm not even half way through. I have had swelling hands and everything just so I can try and prove that I cannot commit to work at the moment. I am currently putting my case together with CAB they are giving me strength to carry on. My appeal though is not going to be heard till after january next year due to high volume of appeals. . It's shocking. . I really hope you find the energy to try and win your case as you are not a fraud and shouldn't have to go through this I know. Were all here to support you and if you ca find some help from organisation's then you could win luvie. .
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • liesa
    Options
    thanks Tracy x
    love and hugs
  • wendylou
    Options
    liesa wrote:
    Wendy... what chance do i stand then if they turned you down...

these people make my blood boil!! i just pray i dont lose my mobility part of the DLA, which makes me laugh bad enough to get that but not for the care part lets hope they end up in the same boat as many of us are in.... i so love karma!
    Hi Leisa I agree with you if they were with the pain we go through it would be a different story, i don't know how they sleep at night because we can't because of the pain, because there are so many cheaters around we are tarred with the same brush thats how it come over to me when they said i exagirated my claim every time i think of it it makes me so mad :x ,I dso hope everything goes ok for you i really do good luck Hun :wink: ,Wendylou xx.
  • liesa
    Options
    thanks Wendylou x
    love and hugs