Bobbyger update

Options
bobbyger
bobbyger Member Posts: 155
edited 25. Aug 2011, 15:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi guys,

Thought I'd drop by and let you all know whats happening.
Had my appt with the surgeon yesterday and all is superdee dooper, that well in fact he has discharged me.
Still carrying on with the remedial and strenghtening up all the muscles in both legs and hips as thay have not been working properly for the past 3 years and need a lot of work.
Managed to jog for about 10 mtrs as well with no pain (a bit akward though)
I have also noticed my calf is getting very thin as its not being used anymore, suppose I could get an implant if vanity takes over :grin:
Also, I believe I am walking without any noticeable limp which is great however, there is still some swelling after I have been up and around on my feet all day but I am expecting that for up to a year after the op.

Sorry I haven't been on much lately but I am getting everything ready for the big move, furniture goes to Belgium on the 9th and we follow on the 12th so there is loads to get done both at home and at work.

Hope everyone is as well as can be and Linda and Tony are getting on well with their new bodyparts.

take care

Rob

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    HI ROB!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see you :grin:

I am really pleased for you and think you have done fantastically well. Good surgeon you had and of course you did do everything by the book.

Implants did you say? IMPLANTS????? :lol::lol::lol: Your calf will be back very soon if you are already jogging and when l had my back done it took about 6 months before teh swelling of my ankles (I know :???: ) stopped coming each day.

You going to keep in touch from Belgium? I hope so and wish you all teh best for your move.

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    What good news Rob, I am really pleased for you. Good luck with the move etc and take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Hi Rob
    Glad everything is still going ok,you are definitely almost there now.Keep in touch.
    Regards
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Rob

Good to hear things are going well for you and I wish you all the best with your move to belgium.

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Rob
    I remember when you were due to have your op, time has gone so quickly
    You really have done well, and Im sure you will be able to build up your calf.
    Wishing you well with everything , and good luck with the move and your new life....
    Please let us know how it all goes.
    Love
    Barbara
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Wonderful news Rob. I am so pleased for you; it must have been great to hear that you have been signed off.

Wishing you all the best for your new life in Belgium.
    I x