Smart Work Shoes which work with ankle foot orthotics????

Options
sailrib
sailrib Member Posts: 327
edited 26. Aug 2011, 11:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hey.

Ive been finally been given foot orthotics for my left and a ankle foot orthotics for my right.

I am wondering if anyone knows where to buy smart work shoes which have no heals and work with orthotics? I am a women but have size 8 to 9 feet so may have to be a mens site. I cant seem to find any.

Am wondering if anyone has had to find suitable shoes for the same orthotics.

Thank you.

Comments

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have no idea, but you may get more replies if you put this post on the LWA forum. The forum gets more replies, posts etc than this one.

Janie
  • sugarbuttie
    sugarbuttie Member Posts: 225
    Options
    Have you had a look at the 'unstructured' range at Clarks? These have removable cushioned insoles & most styles are flat. I have got a few pairs for work after arthritis in feet kicked in. They are not too 'granny-ish' if you know what I mean!! In fact, there is an amazing purple patent pair just out for the autumn winter season that I am yearning for!!

I had my first podiatry appointment yesterday & took in a carrier bag full of shoes to show him what I wear now & what I would like to wear (if support / insoles available). Out of them all he said the Clarks unstructured ones were the best (for me). He attached an additional support to the removable Clarks insole for me to try. He also made an insert for me to use in these shoes (instead of the Clarks one). I have to try both & report back at my next appt at end of Sept. This will determine what we do next.

He told me that Hotters & Ecco shoes/boots also have removeable insoles (so you can put in your own orthotics) so I shall be looking into these myself for winter work wear!!

Let me know what you decide to buy as I am always keen to hear other 'shoe tips'. xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Was going to suggest Cla*ks too.

They have some nice sensible work shoes which l guess you could get a size bigger and take your insoles with you to try as well.

Good luck

Love
    Toni xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I have a pair of hotters with removable insoles very comfy,had my first app with orthotics and i am to get shoes with innersoles to fit my feet,they are not too stylish look like trainers but as i wear jeans and trousers most of the time it wont be too bad.have been told to stick with them as it can be uncomfortable at first.Need a pair of shoes for best so will ask his advise.Didnt know about clarks will check them out.hope things go okay for you.Mig
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Try cosyfeet on line , all sorts for all shapes and sizes of feet . I find them one of the more comfy options anyway ! Marisota also do larger sizes if you are looking foe more fashionable styles . Jillyb
  • madwestie
    madwestie Member Posts: 383
    Options
    I had real trouble trying to find shoes that my orthotics would fit in and for winter i got a pair of Ecco boots they have removable insoles and support my ankles but they have laces which are a real pain a friend has a pair of hotter boots which have velcro straps which may be better.
    The best thing is to take the orthotics in to th shoe shop and try on lots of different shoes and oots until you find the best one for you (that;s what i did) they were quite happy to try them all. Oh and i take a size 8 as well.

Good luck and happy shoe hunting

Tracey
  • sailrib
    sailrib Member Posts: 327
    Options
    Thanks for the info people.

CozyFeet are really good actually and will be buying from them. You can even claim VAT relief which is good.

Thank you.