Wednesday (rant)

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 26. Aug 2011, 14:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
well did think it a good idea to change syphon on toilet would not flush . did it when oh was home in case hands not strong enough, if going to be honest doubted my self as well which never happened before arther came along well with bit of effort did it hands hurt like merry hell after but was proud of my self (got oh to try to give it extra half turn ) but yesterday well feet, knees,hands arms and chest were aw full so glad was not at work we also had very heavy rain wed night and today back aching same with chest and rest why do normal activity's cause us so much pain. my head says you can do it body says you will suffer grrrrrrr val
val

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh dear, in doing a good thing and proving your abilities you have caused yourself harm. Blasted arthritis, it's a beggur isn't it? Rest as much as you can today, valval, if your weather is like mine today that won't be helping matters either. We cannot allow this dross to dictate too much to us - to quote a certain Churchill 'We will never surrender.' And we won't. Look after yourself today, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    thanks dd must admit did put it off till had to do it could have got oh to do it but that would be giving in and while i can i will when i can not i will rely on others (but wont like it) as you say we will not surender we will fight them on the beaches we will fight them in the air but arther we will fight every where.
    was thinking why do they not make toilets at a better hight to repair for those of us on the stiff side lol even sodding feet were hurting if you belive that is better today not full to the top with pain meds stenum causing probs still making back ache with tensing up try not to but ou know how it is will get wheat pack on see if it helps and yes it throwing it down yuk val
    val
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Looks like a day of relaxation today val
    Hope you are feeling better for the weekend.

juliepf x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Val,

Sorry your feeling so much pain flower and well I max out on pain relief now a days.

I wonder if it might be better for you to take yours needed or not as it can have some residue effect though not exactly accumulator.

Hey big words before noon :shock:

I really hope you get a bit of relief from the pain, stererums especially hurt so much and well leaving you a ((((( )))))) and a better weather draft... i have been trying them but well you can't do your own and have only seen the sun 2x in almost 3 months :lol: Hopefully it will work better for you :wink:

Be kind to your elf but also well done for doing it. Cris xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Val you make me laugh- you are so like my mum. She never let pain stop her either and fixed everything.
    I don't think you will change as it is who you are but you do need to be careful Val as suffering after the event is no fun.

Take care
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • valval
    thanks for the replies and hugs they very welcome will i change well for a year did not have enough strength in hands to turn taps so know one day will have to but will go down shouting did rest yesterday got work this after but rested all morning drank far to much tea lol that will be me running all afternoon :oops: now better move and get something to eat before work not hungry but must be done lol
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Val,

Can you gt any time out from work while your like this? i know it can be hard but if you can maybe a bit of real rest up and regular tablets will help that sternum as well?

More ((((( ))))) and hopes flowr. Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Read the title and thought.....

Mellman has been reincarnated as VAL!!!!

I for one am proud of you even if you ARE now suffering

Healing hugs from me too

Love

Toni xx
  • valval
    got long weekend to recover as it bank holiday
    val