Feeling pretty low :(

Options
sennacharib
sennacharib Member Posts: 76
edited 28. Aug 2011, 07:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Having a bad time atm, my prednisolone has been raised until my GP thinks my pplaquenil will eventually kick in...im having doubts, been 8 weeks now and the only relief i am getting is through steriods being upped all time.....im on 25mg then next week 20mg until i am down to 5mg....should have reduced them by now.
And i am struggling as it is school holidays with my severley autistic child who needs 24/7 hour care , im so tired, depressed and feel sick each timei have to take tablets, i am now on 21 a day and then adcal which is like a lemony sherbert drink which is making me feel sick as im getting tired of it, and i dont feel much diff apart from the steriods. My knuckles are still so sore and last night my hands were red in places, although the burning wasnt as bad as it has been previous to steriods. i wear hand supports for most day and i dont even feel they are working. my shoulders, ankles, elbows just hurt...i have had enough!
I know that i would feel 100 times worse without steriods and it has brought me to tears with joint pain and swelling that i had, but even my swelling isnt going down.....I just think waiting until 28th septemeber is too long, i want my diagnosis so i can carry on with rest life and know exactly what it is for sure. I cant sleep cause pain which makes everything seem worse and i think at times if this is what my life is like and goingto be like then im not so sure i want to be living this way.
My gp said she thought the plaquenil would have kicked in, so upped my prednisolone to ''see me through' - I am on tramadol and would like something stronger but they say no.....what does everyone else have for pain relief whilst waiting for dmards to kick in?
I am alergic to anything with codine in so maybe that narrows it down?
I am sorry im just having a low day and my hubby doesnt understand, he cant get my pain, how can he? he doesnt feel it....I just have no family and no friends to talk too, so feeling tad alone atm. :cry:
Thankyou for listening and I am sorry to rant on like a looney!
Hugs take care xxxxx

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    While you are on this forum you will always have friends,some-one to talk and rant to,hope things change for you very soon.hugs (((()))) Mig
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sennanchrib,

I am sorry things are so rough for you just now. Its sometimes very hard and harder still with it being half term.

i wonder how long you have been on the pplaqueni for? It might be worth contacting your rumo and see if you can be seen soon actually. Depending on how long you have been on them for but it might be that you need a change or an add in there.

I Really hope you will feel better soon and the drugs start to work well. Leaving you a cyber ((( ))) Cris x
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Hi,

Just want to say, hope you feel better soon, and get some relief.
    Take care,
    Anita x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh lordy lordy, we do know what this is like so please talk to us, someone is always about to listen. I cannot think what to say that won't sound silly (under the arthritis cosh meself) so I shall go and ring my little bell at 8pm, just for you. Hang on in there, it will pass: all things do, you will begin to feel brighter/better and I sincerely hope it's sooner rather than later. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    it takes at least 12 weeks to kick in so stick with it might still work val
    val
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    Hi,

Never be sorry for asking for support on here thats what we all do at time to time, we all need a shoulder at some time or another.

I hope you feel better soon as I know how it can wear you down. xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options
    Oh Senna

you are no loony!

How on earth are you supposed to cope with achild who had an autistic spectrum disorder???

Have you phoned up and offered to take a cancellation?? If you could actually get there of course??

When l am in deap do-do l sort of overlap my meds...pain killer then 2 hours later....anti-nflam and so on (only up to max dose though).

The hydroxy can take AGES to kick in, l am sure it took me 6 months for things to settle properly, but l didnt have your extra care duties.

Yes the steroids are only a stop-gap and the sherberty-stuff is to makes sure they do you now harm.

HUGE HUGE hugs for you...we will try to help you get through

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Morning sennacharib, how are you feeling today? A little better/brighter I hope: this arthritis malarkey is like a roller-coaster and so many things affect the way we feel and cope/manage. I hope you have some sunshine where you are, that always helps. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope things are a little better today.Mig
  • sennacharib
    sennacharib Member Posts: 76
    Options
    Thankyou so very much for all your lovely kind considerate words, I actually slept better last night without so much pain, so feeling bit better. It is hard to get your head around fact that this isnt going away, and pain on daily basis is hard for all of us to cope with. Your such a fantastiic bunch and reading your replies made me feel less lonely and i wish i could give you all a huge hug so here goes...lol

HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! Thanks again, this site is a godsend.

Hope your all having a nice weekend and that you have some sun to make you all smile.

Take care love Senna xxxxxxxx
  • fernie16
    fernie16 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi
    Speaking of the sun i think there is nothing better than it heat packs will do but as for letting the sun warm up your joints i cant think of anything better so go out in the garden and catch some rays
    hope you feel better soon
    xfern
    Better to loose a few battles in the struggle, than to give up our dreams without putting up a fight.