New date for op !!

Options
weejean
weejean Member Posts: 346
edited 27. Aug 2011, 16:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everone

I got a phone call this afternoon from my surgeons secretary to let me know that I am going into hospital on Thursday to have my operation on Friday. It was quite a shock and the nerves are kicking in already. Got loads to do so at least I will be busy. Hope you can all make the time to jump into my pocket for my big day xx
Big Hugs
Jean xx

Comments

• magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hiya,

I'll be there, wishing you well. You'll be fine and be out in no time :wink:

Magenta xx
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    Already there! Just think how good it will be afterwards, at least you havent got much time to think about it now. Know you will be fine and your pockets will be bursting by then. xxx :lol:
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Jean,

Its a bit of a shock to have it through so quick but it might be better than knowing the date for a long time if that makes sense?

Its gong to freak you out for a min but as Anky says concentrate on the after time when you have the pain gone from the hip and can get a whole chunk of you life back again.

Will be in your pocket and thy will take care of you. Good luck and fingers crossed you can keep your worries down and don;t get too wound up. Cris x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    100% there for you :shock:

I was told on the Friday back op on the Monday so know how you feel. Hvaing said that l am a 'runner' so bets that way :wink:

Soon done and then you will be recovering in front of the telly/raio with lots of lovely chocccies and magazines, flowers etc.

Love

Toni xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Be with you weejean,dont forget your sookie.Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ooooooh! How exciting, a better future beckons for you weejean, that is a good thing and yes, there is indeed less time for the nerves. I am very pleased for you and I am sure all will go (and be) well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tiggernut
    tiggernut Member Posts: 339
    Options
    Good luck, hope it all goes well.
    Anita x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I wish you two new hips in excellent working order, weejean.

And a quick recovery.

And the patience to let everyone else do the housework for as long as necessary.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Good luck weeJean. I have had one THR and it was plain sailing. I know you are having both done! I do hope you have a good 'team' at home to look after you.

Take care
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,931
    Options
    Hi Weejean.
    i will be in your pocket watching whats going on i have a thr i think quite a few people on here have 1 or both so you will be in good company.
    i will be thinking of you on thursday.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • weejean
    Options
    Magenta - Thanks for your support and being there for me xx

Anky - Glad that you will be with me and I am going to be so busy giving my husband and son all their "to do" lists etc that I wont have much time to worry about anything before I go into hospital xx

Cris - It is a shock to think that my Op is less than a week away but I agree with you that its better this way. I am very nervous but also excited that someday soon I will be able to walk again and not be in as much pain as I am at the moment. I will have huge pockets so you can all fit in and be there with me xx

Toni - Thanks for being there for me. I will take full advantage of the recovery, loads of telly, chocolate and talking to you guys all day xx

Mig - So happy you will be with me, got Sooky packed and ready to go xx

DD - It is exciting, I havent been able to walk very good for about ten years and I have missed out on so much but I will be making up for it soon. I am making a list of all the things I want to do once I am back on my feet. Thanks for the support you have given me over the last few weeks xx

Anita - Thanks for your good luck wishes, I really appreciate it xx

Sticky - Hopefully I will recover quickly so I can take over the housework etc. I will try my best to be patient and not be too hard on my poor Husband, he really is a star but shhhhhhhh dont tell him I said that xx

Elizabeth - Its good to hear that you had no problems after your THR, my surgeons have told me that the recovery for having the two done is not that much harder or longer than having one done. I have a wonderful Husband and grown up son who are so supportive and my Mum will be hovering around to make sure everything is being done properly xx

Joan - I have met so many people on this forum who have had new hips and its great that I can talk to you all about it as you know what its like. Thanks for your support, it means so much xx
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Jean
    I will be in pocket duties....we can be very well behaved ...just listen for us under the bed....sometimes we sound like little mice.....we are with you all the way.....and I really do wish you well with everything.
    I am sure with it being quite new...you will get the very best of attention.
    Love
    Barbara
  • weejean
    Options
    Barbara you have no idea how much support and comfort all you guys have given me over the last few weeks. I honestly dont think I could do all this without you all. I have two wonderful surgeons who will be doing the operation together and the nurses and physios in the ortho ward are fantastic as well so I am sure I will get the very best care. I am so lucky to have all this.

I will have the biggest pockets so that everyone can jump in and just think, we can sit up all night in the hospital together feasting on all the chocolates and stuff my visitors bring xx
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Jeaan I nearly missed this, sorry

Will be ready and waiting to jump in your pocket on thursday.
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • weejean
    Options
    Thanks Julie, so good to know you will be with me xx
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Jean,
    Well a shock to be sure but it will soon be over and then you can concentrate on the recovery. It will be great to have your mum there to look after you and it looks like you will be getting some well earned TLC when you get back home. I know it won’t be easy but I think that you are prepared so that is half the battle won.
    Try and enjoy your weekend and yes keep the jotting pad near you for all the instructions and to do list. :grin:
    Lv, I x
  • weejean
    Options
    Hey Ironic

It will be great to have my Mum around to help out although I am not too sure my husband would agree :grin: I am having a lazy weekend and will get everything organised Monday and Tuesday. I am having a lovely family dinner on Tuesday night then having a nice day out with hubby on Wednesday. I am still very nervous but I know I can do it and will be back o my feet before I know it. Thanks for your support xx
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx