Got DLA !

Options
Poppyg1rl
Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
edited 29. Aug 2011, 04:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
Apologies for not being around much, my friends on here know I've been having a very tough time this year, and with my Grandad passing away 2 weeks ago I've been very low.
We decided to come home early from Isle of Wight and I got a huge suprise as just before I left I was convinced by a friend on the forum to apply for DLA and submit as many reports and information as I could with it. I wasn't hopeful, you read and hear about the hard time genuine people have trying for it and to be honest it put me off applying.
However, im pleased to say I have been granted it on higher amounts and I'm so happy and relieved.
Money has been tight since I had to give up my Childminding Business in December last year and this will help so much. :grin:
Just thought I'd share some happy news for once! and to let everyone know, please don't be put off applying for it, bombard them with every letter, every xray, MRI, bone scan etc and hope for the best.
Love to all Xxx
'grá agus solas'
'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X

Comments

• magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Poppy,

Delighted to hear about you getting DLA-well done!

Very sorry to hear about your Grandad, hugs (((((()))))) for you,

Magenta x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Lovely news Poppy. I am pleased for you. Did you get higher care as well as that is very difficult to get. Higher mob will help if you need to get a car or useful for petrol money.
    Sorry you had to come home early from I.O.W. I used to go every August bank hols and have many happy memories.

It is nice to have some good news at last....

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Poppy,

Sorry you been going through so much flower and hope now you will find a bit of time to just take it easy and recharge your own batteries?

Hey really pleased to see your news though on the dla, well done and tis good to see. Love and light Cris xx
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Lovely to hear some good news ; maybe you're turning a corner and things will continue getting better and better . Jillyb
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    Options
    Hey Poppy

So sorry to hear about your Grandad :x

Great news about your DLA it will help you so much :grin:
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Sorry that you had to come home early, :sad: but what a nice surprise waiting on your door mat. :smile:

I am really pleased for you poppy :grin:

take care
    Love Juliepf x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    what a great suprise so glad you got it makes a change to have such good news val
    val
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Poppy,
    Brilliant news, I am so pleased for you. As you say it was a big surprise for you but it will have been a big relief too.

Hopefully this will be the turning point for you and things will be a little easier for you from now on.
    Gentle hugs flower,

Lv, I x
  • dotty123
    dotty123 Member Posts: 122
    Options
    Well done Poppy,

It's a rare thing to hear good news regarding DLA... but well done you xx

Enjoy the few extra pennies
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am pleased for you, it was worth the extra effort, yes? Buy summat sparkly for yourself! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Thankyou everyone,
    I was totally gobsmacked to get DLA, I was so put off even applying for it, but so glad I did, it takes the pressure off as we've been struggling.
    That wasn't the only good news I came back to though...my eldest son did phenomenally well in his A levels :grin: he wants to join the RAF and needed these grades so yesterday I was a very happy girl :grin:
    PA wise, I thought the enbrel was starting to work, for the best part of 12 days I reduced my painkillers, even the amitriptyline successfully...then my Grandad passed away and the pains back with a vengeance as is the swelling on my knee :roll: nevermind, I'll keep plugging away and hopefully things are on the up now, positive thinking and all that :wink:
    Hope everyone is well and as painfree as possible.
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I am very pleased, Poppy, but not surprised after the horrendous year you've had. Rest up, now, and congratulations to your son.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Congratulations to your Son Poppy!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi poppygirl
    I am so pleased for you, what a lovely surprise , and give your son a big hugs from me...what fantastic results...I do wish him well.
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw, Poppygirl, that is such good news. Thank you for sharing and encouraging others to keep on keeping on to get what they should be receiving. All the very b est to your son too. :grin:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Jus to say congratulations!

What a relief for you and now you can relax a little, :P

Janie
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Poppy

l am so very pleased for you about the DLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b020.gif Hope you can hear my smilie he is shouting and dancing like me!!! Great to hear one of us winning!!!

Still sad for you though about your loss and sending you HUGS and love to help you through.

Love

Toni xx