Food poisoning and not allowed to take Naproxen!

Ankyspond
Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
edited 30. Aug 2011, 02:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
Why is my life so manic?

Last night  I wanted to go to local pub be ause Australian relatives have sent us a £100 voucher to say thank you for having them stay in June but everyone was too tired after getting back late from France the night before so we had Chinese and I had a steak only had few mouthfuls and didn't fancy it.

I have been really ill since early this morning and just come back from hospital  I have gastroenteritis caused by food poisoning!  Given me something to stop me feeling as sick, bed rest, plenty of fluid, time and watch my temperature if gets worse have to go back. No trip to Aberdeen for me to take our son back to uni.

Just to make it worse I can't take my Naproxen for couple of days and in agony already, arrrggghhh! Xx. :green
Sent from Simone's iPhone
AS Sufferer
Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    This must be for the best - get the nasties out of your system then you can resume the lovelies, yes? I hope you feel better soon and make sure you keep hydrated with water, juice etc. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Sorry things have gone haywire,hope you are better soon.Mig
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    sorry to hear this do hope it passes quickly and you get back to normal val
    val
  • sandysue
    sandysue Member Posts: 25
    ooh no, I've had that a few times and it's bloody awful, couldn't manage without naproxen either, hope it passes quickly for you
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Oh that is awful, I do hope it eases off soon for you. You must be feeling drained and so disappointed you cannot drop your son back at uni as planned.
    Keep warm and with luck you will be able to sleep.
    Gentle hugs,
    I x
  • Ankyspond
    Morning all,

Thanks for your well wishes, I do feel much better today but completely drained as ironic said, I have managed to keep some toast down so hopefully on the up now.

The worst thing is not having the naproxen I was crawling the Walls last night in pain as some of you will know imran out a couple of days before i came home from holiday. That meant a couple of days withouth them, one day taking them and now not taking them so time for it to build up. I think I am going back on them today I don't have a choice.

I am very disappointed I couldn't take my son to uni really wanted to see his new flat and won't see him till late November or early December and I miss him so much.

Gonna attempt a shower to buck myself up, have great bank holiday Sunday people. Xxxx
    AS Sufferer
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Anky,
    Sorry to hear you've been so bad.......take it easy...bank holiday or not!!!!!
    I know its hard if you have to come off the naproxen but you may bring them up again.....heres hoping you dont and that you have a good bank holiday
    Love
    Hileena
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    See if you can get diclofenac gel it doesnt take pain off completely but it might take the edge off.

Hope you feel better soon

Theresa xx
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • Ankyspond
    Thanks peeps,

Feeling loads better today and off to Dublin overnight tomorrow with my husband to see our best friends new baby, soooooo excited. xxxx
    AS Sufferer
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Anky,

Glad your feeling a bit better and have a good time. Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Glad you are so much better Anky :grin:

Have a lovely time holding that new baby too.....ahhh!!!

Love

Toni xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Morning Anky
    I put a post on your other thread

Love
    Hileena