Continuation - rheumy appointment (3)

Options
Pherstun
Pherstun Member Posts: 96
edited 28. Aug 2011, 05:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
I saw the rheumatologist on Friday 19 Aug, she was surprised to see me as she wanted to see me at the combined rheumy/IBD clinic. I explained that paperwork had got mixed up at their end and that I hadn't been put down for the combined clinic, so just wanted the earliest appointment possible with her.

She asked what seemed to be the right questions, but said that the med she wanted to put me on was one she intended to discuss with the IBD doc and since I wasn't seeing them together it was tricky. I practically begged her to give me some more meds to make my life more bearable.

She's sending me for an MRI to see how active the inflammatory arthur is, then will consider putting me on these higher meds (can't remember the name), apparently it's quite a step up from what I'm on now (basic painkillers).

I explained that I take tramadol about 3 times a day, one tablet a time, and take it with ibuprofen 600mg, the combo seems to work well. She said to up the tramadol (2x AM, 1x twice a day, then 2x bedtime) and gave me etoricoxib anti-inflam once a day.

Boy the etoricoxib knocks me out! I already feel fatigued with the arthur and Crohn's. I took the first 90mg tab on Saturday 20 Aug and couldn't keep my eyes open. I've tried half a tab since and can manage okay with that but obviously not got the same pain relief.

Yesterday (Saturday) I tried a full tab, split into two halves, and was okay tiredness wise and fantastic non-pain wise. Today have tried a full tab again, so will see how I go!

Debbie

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Debbie
    It looks like it will have to be a trial and error thing until you see someone else......seems like you have got it right now.
    My problem with half tablets is.......they are slow release {morphine and naproxen}.....the morphine knocked me out at first and she took the doseage down....like you the sleepieness was better but the pain much worse...looks like I have to stick to the pain and the lower dose. I assume if I split them {them being slow release} I could over dose??
    Good luck with the trial and error.
    Love
    Hileena