knee

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 29. Aug 2011, 05:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
have sighns of long term inflimation in knees. the right one gives me quite a lot of pain some times it possible to walk it off others just makes it worse yesterday walked it off today has just made it much worse gone from aching to pain in knee hip and groin any ideas what to do for best have taken ibuprophen am sat with feet up val
val

Comments

• mouseymousey
    mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Val, My totally non medical opinion, I'd rest it up. Go & see your GP on Tuesday. Meantime hot water bottle or ice pack whichever suits you to reduce the swelling. Best wishes
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Hi Val,
    I echo what Mouseymousey said, rest up plenty of pain dullers and get to see your GP ASAP.
    I've had problems with my left knee for over 6 mths now it's purely my PA, the only things that help are tramadol, elevation and rest.
    Take things easy Val, hugs (((((())))))
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Walking it off two days running is probably not the best thing to do, val.

The hip & groin pain may come from trying to spare the knee.

I hope the rest helps. Maybe a hot bath? Then painkillers and/or the doc.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Walking it off isn't really an option as I suspect you won't be walking with a balanced, even gait - hence the pain in the other areas. Rest it, dullers etc, heat/cold (whichever works) and rest some more. If you do need to walk any distance then use a stick on the opposite side to the affected knee, that will take a fair bit of the strain. Look after yourself and let Mr VV know you need some pampering, ie cup of tea, on the hour every hour. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi,
    I agree with the others.......walking it off {especially 2 days in a row} doesnt seem the best thing.....pain killers, heat or cold and rest and your GP

Love
    Hileena
  • valval
    Options
    thanks have been chilling it all day stiff but not so painfull. keep moving it with no weight on will see how it goes do not like keep going doc get fed up with it but might have to lol
    val
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Sound like you def need to rest up and recupperate..(exaxctly what i'm doing today lol)
    DD's advice of OH providing you with tea hourly sounds lovely,,, a good idea..
    You take care.. hope you feel bit better soon..xx
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    My mantra Val, especially when a joint is bad is do a bit and rest a lot.

Luv
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • valval
    Options
    the only problem with tea on the hout every hour is i will be running all night lol with that much tea.
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Val
    I think you do enough at work, so when you are home, rest...I know its not easy but hopefully it will ease up very soon, then you can go back to your walking.
    You take care.
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Val

I am sorry to hear that your knees are painful. As others have suggested, RICE, Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation along with meds. Do you already take an inflammatory med?

I do hope it settles soon,

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • valval
    Options
    chest playing up now getting little fed up with arther better go doc and get some stronger anti inflams will sort it tuesday
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Hi Val

A wise woman once said to me (might have been Elna) if it still hurts 2 hours later you might have overdone it :wink:

Fink you should rest now :wink:

Poor you Val...lots of hugs and h025.gif choccy and some good

b035.gif TV for you

Love

Toni xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Val,

Glad your going to start taking the tablets regularly and with luck it will calm both your knee and your chest down. Hope you soon have a lot less ache. Cris xx