Tired

woodbon
woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
edited 29. Aug 2011, 14:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Sorry, it seems ages since I posted. It's not that I wanted to forget you all and not keep up with things, more a case of being tired and having too many things to cope with at once.

Had lovely weekend last week with my sister, I really enjoy her coming, but its so tiring and I don't think she realises just how tired I get. Not that she wants waiting on, far from it! Just that routines alter andd the little extra things you do make a big difference, as well as tring to keep up a front and not make her feel a burden, and unwanted! Anyway, they have gone home now and we enjoyed ourselves, but I have felt tired since. We are going down to her next week-end, as its her Golden Wedding, so I'll try and have a quiet week this week!

I've had a couple of infections - a UTI - and oral thrush, so I've been on antibiotics and antifugisied at the same time, then my GP rang to ask me to go and have a blood test and provide another sample, and have a blood test, as the lab had found an infection but were unsure of what it is. I've done that, but feel down and tired, which, I suppose is all part of it. I also have an appointment at the end of September to see the orthapeadic surgeon about my shoulder!!! Sorry this is all depressing and I didn't mean it to be but thats been what I've been up to.
Love Suexx

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    no wonder you were tired it sounds like you have been through the mill rest if you can and do hope things are better for you soon val
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Sue
    I do understand what you are saying...I used to be able to chat for hours...but not if if I get visitors...I am so shattered when they go...its the same with mu lovely neighbour...bless her she come in to help...and have a chat....but when she has gone I could honestly go to bed.. :lol:
    It is so hard to explain to people...without upsetting them.
    Sue the infection wont help, I do hope they find out what it is, then you can get rid...
    You take care of yourself....
    Love
    Barbara
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Hi Sue,

Please try and have a restful week so you can enjoy next weekend. Take care,

Eileen xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Sue,
    Its understandable......and we know if you go awol for a little while you arent ignoring us......just glad to know you are OK or OK ish....... :lol:
    It is lovely to have visitors but it is tiring and lovely to collapse after they've gone.
    You have a very relaxing week before you go away to visit, then come home and collapse again :lol:
    We'll understandd if you dont get back on for a while.
    Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Sue

you sound drained! I can hear it in your 'voice' :sad: Bless you you sound like you need a tonic as my Mum wold have said!!

My Big sis was down this week gone too!! She celebrated her 50th birthday on Wednesday and she was here for last sat till thursday. I was shattered too. She has gone back to Scotland now and l miss her very much. I bet you like me wish yours lived nearer so you could see her less time, but more often :smile:

Rest up this weekend...glad it's a bank holiday so you can hopefully and you will have enough energy for the Golden wedding! WOW!!! What an achievement!

Love and HUGS to you Sue

Toni xx
  • woodbon
    Thank you for understanding. Sometimes I feel as if I'm going round the bend, wanting to talk to my friends but, putting them off. Still, I am feeling a lot better physically since the uti cleared up, although I had to do another test and I'm waiting to hear.

My 14 year old tom cat, who is lovely and gentle, had a mouth (problem we think), so its the vet tomorrow and I'm worried as we lost his twin sister last year. Still, it may be a bad tooth or something. I hope so. Anyway, Vets tomorrow if we can get an appointment.

My back, at the bottom of the lumber region is playing up now. Thats been better for quite a while. and my neck is also hurting. It seems funny that the bottom and the top are both achy but the middle is OK!!! I'll stop moaning now, as I really do feel a lot less depressed and tired at the moment and that makes life much easier for me! :wink: \i'm sure all your kind thoughts are helping. I hope everyone is not too bad at the moment. If you are in pain and depressed, I'll think of you. :wink:
    Lots of love, Suexxxx
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Hi Sue..

You have definately been a busy bee, no wonder you are worn out, and like you said having other infections/problems doesn't help..
    I hope you manage to have some well deserved rest this week so you can have a nice wkend away..
    Take care
    (((((X)))))
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I went to bed this afternoon and slept for about an hour. Don't be afraid to do the same, if that is what my body demands then that is what it gets (the same applies to chocolate, wine, raw sprouts and beetroot). :oops: You rest up now and I hope you feel less tired next week. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • woodbon
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I went to bed this afternoon and slept for about an hour. Don't be afraid to do the same, if that is what my body demands then that is what it gets (the same applies to chocolate, wine, raw sprouts and beetroot). :oops: You rest up now and I hope you feel less tired next week. DD

Thats something else I can do without feeling guilty when I'm on my own, even though Jerry gets cross if I fight it and then nod off in a chair. He says I don't rest properly - and hes right! Suexx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Oh Sue,
    I know how you feel.......Now that Peter is more or less retired I cant go to bed for a short time without feeling guilty even though like Jerry he gets cross and keeps saying....go and lie down for a while. You dont sleep properly at night and your tired, be sensible but I cant :lol:
    When he was at work I would go and lie down for a while if my body told me thats what it needed...things are different now.

Love
    Hileena