Hospital Appointment Today

MrsSparrow
MrsSparrow Member Posts: 22
edited 30. Aug 2011, 12:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

Sorry I havent been around for a while, the doctors put me on Tramadol for my pain in my back and I've spent the last few weeks smashed out of my head! Kids summer holidays have been busy too.

Just wanted to let you all know my appointment with the consultant is finally here at 3.15 this afternoon and I am very nervous! I'm worried they won't be able to help me, or it will be more bad news. My worst fear is that I will be unable to look after my two kids properly ever again.

I know it's always the worst before an appointment like this, but please send me a few positive thoughts today.

Kate
x

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Miss Sparrow,

Will be thinking of you this afternoon and with a bit of luck it will be a good appointment and help you a lot.

Try not to get too worried and I am sure they will be able to help and help a lot. Hey your going to be able to look after your kids no trouble so don't go into panic mode. This bone thing plays up from time to time but in between you get decent times as well. Once they know whats going on and start to help you you should start to feel a lot better.

With the trams make sue you tell them they are spacing you out as thee might be something else you can try that work but don't affect you the same way. I can't remember if trams did that t me or not but they don't now and it might be you find their good effects help but the side effects stop as you get more used to them? Ask about alternatives though flower.

We do half decent pocket duties if you need but will be thinking of you anyway. Let us know how it goes please? Cris x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi kate your head does come up with all sorts before an appointment but will be in your pocket sending positive thoughts your way i hope it good news for you but what ever it it you will find a way to cope i know you will it might not be the life you imagine but you will still find ways to cope and give your children the life they deserve stay strong val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I hope you have your notes to hand so you can cover everything that you wish with him. I am sure all will go fine, he may ask for Xrays or blood tests, both are normal procedure. Let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Hello Kate,

I found tramadol makes me very, very tired. Add summer holidays into the mix and I'm not surprised you're exhausted! Make sure you take time to look after yourself.

It's natural to feel afraid but I promise it won't be that bad. Got my fingers and toes crossed for you and sending positive thoughts your way.

Please let us know how it goes. x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    No apologies needed, Kate. Kids, summer holidays and arthritis are a powerful and exhausting combination.

I guess you feel you have a lot riding on this appointment. Just try to relax, tell it like it is and, if you’ve any questions or doubts about anything (s)he says, don’t be afraid to raise them. Be thinking of you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Good Luck Kate

Will be thinking of you this afternoon, hope your appointment goes well.

Juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Kate!

Will spare more than a thought for you this afternoon and hope all goes really well, the doc has some ideas and you will feel more hopeful about the future.

Of course you will look after your children...whatever else happens...you are their Mum.

Love and hope

Toni xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi Kate.
    i hope you get the answers you want today and your not so worried.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Evening Kate

Really hope it was a positive appointment for you today.

Thinking of you.

Tilly xxx