Car Vandals.. anyone got any Ideas

Options
alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 18. Sep 2011, 13:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
Woke up this morning to find another big "scratch " on my car. That makes it 3 big ones in a year. Seeing that I have no driveway, I'm a bit flummoxed to what I can actualy do, as you can't look out of your bedroom window 24/7.
If I find out who is doing this, they are already "dead meat", and every window in their house will be smashed, but in the meantime, I just wondered if anyone had any ideas to catch them etc. Alanthemanc

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Woke up this morning to find another big "scratch " on my car. That makes it 3 big ones in a year. Seeing that I have no driveway, I'm a bit flummoxed to what I can actualy do, as you can't look out of your bedroom window 24/7.
    If I find out who is doing this, they are already "dead meat", and every window in their house will be smashed, but in the meantime, I just wondered if anyone had any ideas to catch them etc. Alanthemanc

camera pointing out of window so you can see who it is???
    val
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Val, I thought of that, but these " key scratches " happen periodically, nothing will happen for weeks, then you get 2 in a week. I'm getting angry now, when the first happend, I was cheesed off, but it's got to the stage where I could do something daft to someone, I must calm down. Alanthemanc
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    That's so annoying, Alan. Someone threw paint stripper over my daughter's brand-new car a while ago. She thinks she knows who did it (someone jealous that she'd got a new car) but she couldn't prove it. There's some sad people out there with nothing better to do :roll: I don't know what the answer is, other than CCTV cameras.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Joan
    Yeh, you get the feeling someones " got it in for you", even though it could be just a nutter with a key. Alanthemanc
  • Stu69
    Stu69 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Gone are the days where you could 'pug broken glass onto the top of your boundary walls to deter intruders getting onto your property and scrumping or whatever they do. PC gone mad nowadays imho, which kind of also rules out my intended suggestion of hooking your car up to the national grid I guess, but I'd want some form of perverse justice too for sure!

Hope you catch 'em!!!

Stu.
    No-one was injured in the making of this signature, however, quite a few electrons may have been inconvenienced.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    This is one of the greatest 'joys' of urban living - one of my neighbours tried a cover but they just ripped that to scratch his car. I have many ideas about this Alan, but sadly none are legal. It's a shame that some of us still feel constrained to obey the law (that was ironic). More and more folk are being raised with less and less respect for others and their possessions. I am so sorry, poor Carlos. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I’ve gone all Buddhist these days, my car has been dented scratched and generally fecked with, I use to worry about it but now all I can do is my best by parking out of the way etc, but what can you/I do the world is full of a holes, let fate deal with them.
    As Buddha’s teaching tell us things, or stuff are transient, the spirit isn’t, and worrying about things possessions that in time will rot away or be discarded anyway will only make you more upset, at some point in time the dent’s and scratches will all blend in anyway!.
    One thing you could do if your not ready to go all hippy just yet is to get a little PIR activated memory card camera, they are cheap and run off batteries and you never know maybe you’ll catch the bugger who’s doing it, if you do you could always then pay them back in kind, however be warned this type of action will make you more like them so isn’t a positive way forward.
    Remember you reap what you sow in the long run. Better not to join in the race there are enough feckwits out there already, don't let them turn you into one of them, be your own person.
    God I've gone all hippy, maybe it's the CoCodamols? he he!!!!.
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    ebuyer has a noise activated camera for less than a tenner, HD everything inc. brackets. Lipo battery, no bigger than my thumb, should see some action!

Park out of the area? Does the villain come home every few weeks?
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Just had a thought have I gone off half cocked on this, is this malicious damage?, sorry if I got it wrong it's been a long day!. :oops:
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Don't sweat it Mell, you've had a lot on ya plate RKid...
    I know you would want to burn em like me if you caught em :green :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    D.D./ Airwave, Mel
    Thanks for all your replies, gonna have a think about my next move. ( if I catch him , it will be towards his throat ). Thanks again Alanthemanc
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    we going down the voodoo doll road at moment you can do such fun things to it cant you mel and do not think you can be locked up they would have heck of job proving it worked val
    val
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    Valval
    Now that is very, very funny. Alanthemanc
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Stu69 wrote:
    Gone are the days where you could 'pug broken glass onto the top of your boundary walls to deter intruders getting onto your property and scrumping or whatever they do. PC gone mad nowadays imho, which kind of also rules out my intended suggestion of hooking your car up to the national grid I guess, but I'd want some form of perverse justice too for sure!

Hope you catch 'em!!!

Stu.

In Darlow they do have glass on the top of their garden walls.....no i am not joking went house hunting with my daughter...well impressed.
    If there is no set routine or dates it makes me wonder if you live on a route that people travel home from a pub????? Must admit i would go with the camera in the car....maybe two?? Just been through this with my lad but the **** smashed his window screen in..... Wont say what i would like to do to them.....but i can wait. Good luck and i hope you caught the little ****....
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Alan. I did once have my classic car stolen, they tried to sell it on but were rumbled and the next day it was found burnt out at the bottom of our road. If they had only just parked it back on my drive undamaged i'd have left it at that! No police , just happy to have my car back. It happened 10 years ago and I still feel sick. So I know how sickening damage is....and how you must feel.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    tkachev
    Wow, and I thought I was having bad luck. I get a sick feeling in my stomach every morning when I walk towards the car. If nothing has happend I feel elated, but sick when another key scratch appears.
    By the way, what was your classic car, I'm sort of into them, have you ever had an MGB/GT, sort of my dream car. Good luck with that parking issue by the way. Alanthemanc
  • tkachev
    Options
    It was a Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500. Only 500 ever made. I feel sick talking about it.
    Sorry you have to go through this every morning. Someone needs to invent an anti-scratch paint at a reasonable price.

Parking issues are Nina's Alan. We are okay now but had our time when war broke out!

E x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • alanthemanc
    Options
    tkachev
    Good God..... A guy I knew years ago, drove me from Whitefield, Manchester, up the hill to Bacup in one of those. The journey was about 20 miles, and I swear we did it in 5 mins. That is one quick car, when I got out, I looked white in terror. Shame some herbert wrecked yours, wow those were the days eh. ALanthemanc
  • tkachev
    Options
    We were very young when we first bought it and we were always getting stopped by the police.
    Yes we did once test it on the M4 at its limit. Cannot remember if 120 or 140 mph!

Elizabeth

ps. i wasn't driving officer.

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Stu69
    Stu69 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    lupin15 wrote:
    In Darlow they do have glass on the top of their garden walls.....no i am not joking went house hunting with my daughter...well impressed.

How cool! Thought it was made illegal! I need a wall now dammit! 8)
    tkachev wrote:
    It was a Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500. Only 500 ever made. I feel sick talking about it.
    E x

I bet! What an awesome car! Never had one unfortunately but a friend of mine did and lets just say he posted a pretty mean time coming from High Wyckham done to Hastings to visit me some years back. How bl00dy unfair to have yours torched! A total classic now and expensive to boot!

In the late 80's I had a 2 yr old P.O.S that was a *ahem* Montego Turbo that I bought cheaply as it had thrown its head gasket, as was usual for them. I fixed it myself... well, with a Haynes manual. Whilst I was at it and 'cause the head kit came with all the valve stem seals and other seals, I thought why not rebuild the complete head! Took me a week, first time I'd attempted anything beyond changing bulbs, oil and water, anyhow, fitted it all back together and ran about 30 miles in it. That was it! The next I knew was a call from plod at 03:30. They came and picked me up and took me to where the car was. Ruined. Totally ruined. Mullered the engine completely!

I wouldn't mind you know - it was a terrible car, but only a couple of years old and I had put hours into fixing it. Was gutted really. Mind you a lot of my friends said it was the best thing that could happen to a Montego. :lol:

There are some real *ahem* miscreants about.
    No-one was injured in the making of this signature, however, quite a few electrons may have been inconvenienced.
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    many years ago i had a nice car that was parked on the road no problem. the whole side, i found one morning, had two deep massive wavy lines down it. i hadnt upset anyone btw. I was younger then i.e. had some spare cash and paid for the whole side of the car to be resprayed. It was done the same again, straight after the respray. It was my first car, i loved it and it was in good condition. I decided to leave it and a couple of years later before i sold it i had it resprayed.
    There isnt a lot you can do apart from ask the police if they can drive round now and again or the community pscos, whatever theyre called, to add your road onto their patrol. It could deter them.