Goodbye, my Wonderful Rheumy Nurse. RIP Norma.

Options
Stu69
Stu69 Member Posts: 202
edited 20. Sep 2011, 13:16 in Community Chit-chat archive
I found out some days ago that my Rheumy nurse, sadly and suddenly passed away at far too young an age.

This amazing nurse took me from the gutter of despair and over 6 years, got my RA under control and to a point where I'm almost flare-free now, with the RA anyhow.

I am totally devastated by this news and would like to extend my deepest condolences to her family.

Norma Bartholomew - I owe a debt of gratitude I can never EVER repay you, although I'm sure you never wanted anything other than for your patients to be as happy as they could be, as I was after your indefatigable and tireless help for me.

Norma - you rocked!

Love Stu xxx
No-one was injured in the making of this signature, however, quite a few electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That is so sad, condolences to the family...
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    it is a shame to loose one of the good ones val
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Stu, it's very sad news for you, but it's heart-warming to know that your Rheumy nurse was such a dedicated and highly skilled lady. Such people can make a huge of difference to our lives, as in your case, so I hope that Norma's family will read your moving tribute to her. Condolences to you all.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh Stu, I am so sorry to read this. It makes such a difference to us when we find someone who has some grasp of the malignancy that enfolds us, their care and understanding is a rare commodity indeed. I send you my condolences, I am thinking of you at this sad time. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Stu

what a dreadful shock :shock:

It sounds like a wonderful woman has died and left a huge hole behind her :sad: I do not envy whovever takes on her job.

Bless her
    a010.gif
    To Norma

Love

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I am sorry Stu. What a dreadful shock for you.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Stu69
    Options
    Hey, thanks all for the kind words for Norma!

It's really nice of folks to post. I really needed a platform with which to show my gratitude; that others took the time to post too is touching.

Norma was a great rheumy nurse. It will indeed be hard to find someone to fill her place. I had a letter late last week cancelling my next (Oct) 3 monthly check-up. Getting someone new up to speed is going to be quite the task for the local hospital Rheumy dept. Getting someone as good is an even bigger task for sure!

Thanks again,

Stu.
    No-one was injured in the making of this signature, however, quite a few electrons may have been inconvenienced.
  • RachelBart
    RachelBart Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Stu,

I am Norma's daughter. She would have been very touched to read your message.
    I have printed it off to show to my Nan. I know that all the kind thoughts and messages have been keeping her going through this difficult time.

I hope that your new Rheumatology nurse treats you as well.

All the best for the future.

Rachel x
  • Stu69
    edited 20. Sep 2011, 08:11
    Options
    RachelBart wrote:
    Hi Stu,

I am Norma's daughter. She would have been very touched to read your message.
    I have printed it off to show to my Nan. I know that all the kind thoughts and messages have been keeping her going through this difficult time.

I hope that your new Rheumatology nurse treats you as well.

All the best for the future.

Rachel x

Hi Rachel,

I'm so pleased for you to have found this post - I'm just also so deeply and utterly sorry you had to and please please please accept my most sincere condolences. Please pass them on to your nan, and to the rest of your family.

I did post a little note and lit a candle on the EB paper where Norma's obituary was placed. I hope you saw it, although what can one say in times like these, I just don't know.

Norma will remain in the hearts of everyone she helped - I know this, Rachel. Your mum did amazing and tireless work for us.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply too. It also means a lot as she was very well liked - many of us, her patients, are deeply saddened too.

Stu. x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Rachel, your Mum was obviously one in a million to many. My condolences hun.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Oh Rachel

l am so glad you found the message from Stu but so sad you have lost your dear Mum.

You have it in writing that she was a very very special lady.

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Stu
    I have only just seen this, Im so sorry,she must have been such a lovely dedicated person, it wont be easy to find someone to take over
    And Rachel you must be very proud of your mum, sending you my sincere condolences and loads of hugs ((((()))).
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello Rachel, how very kind of you to take the time to post your acknowledgement of Stu's post.

All of us on here understand the huge importance that people like your mum have to our lives. All it takes is one kind word, one compassionate look - although the arthritis does not improve, the quality of one's life with it does, because you realise that here is someone who deals with it, day in and day out but who actually understands. Please accept my condolences, Norma was a gem whose sparkle has been extinguished far too early but I am sure her legacy will be apparent in you, her friends and her patients. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben