The Rugby World Cup

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 29. Oct 2011, 03:48 in Community Chit-chat archive
Yup, it's that time again, the ultimate challenge in the only sport that matters! The temptation to crash into a pint or two this morning was manfully (and womanfully) resisted but maybe Mr DD and me will be able to celebrate a win (it's looking possible at the moment) a little later. Ooooh - 13-9 to us, we could be onto summat here!

I have one grizzle though (strewth, only one? You are slipping DD). ITV have won the coverage, yup, that station that is to broadcasting as slugs are to knitting. How the hell that station has won broadcaster of the year (or whatever it is) is beyond me. Adverts interrupted by a puny few minutes of a programme, that's commercial telly.

Right, three minutes left and we are still in the lead. Here's hoping . . . . DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi DD you enjoy it...my dad used to play rugby so we were brought up on it... now I am not so keen unless its our team playing...have a second beer on me.. :grin:
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Yes! Yes! Yes! WE WON! Hooray! :grin: I will certainly sink one on your behalf Barbara - dammit I'll have one for everyone on the forum! :grin:
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Love wilko when he sticks his little bottom out :oops: Golf this afternoon ,might get the sherry out.Mig
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    glad we won did not care enough to put telly on and see lol but will we win whole thing not sure
    might be going to watch rugby later my oldest has decided he wants to play it will not say what i think about it but you have to show your suport even when it stupid idea lol val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Give us your address mate, I'll pop round and make it 3 out of 3. I'll bring some proper beer too, plus me tassels. DD
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Well done Ireland ,got to surpport the home nations,Wales at 9.30,just wish it had been on bbc at least they give the commentry some umph.Mig
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    I don't have a choice my hubby is Australian so any sport makes it's way to our TV especially cricket and rugby. X
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Yet again we are rugby-gazing, accompanied with tea and coffee. :shock: So very, very wrong, like car theft in a multi-storey car park: wrong on so many levels. (Thanks Tim Vine!)

I'll bring me feather tassels, rehab, they are very soft and gentle on the skin - you'll think you're being kissed by butterflies! :grin: DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    SA went walkabout, didn't they? I thought Wales put in a very good, strong performance and if Hook had scored that penalty -ah, the 'if onlies' raise their heads again . . . . as to who will win, I have not one clue, though the ABs do have home advantage. DD
  • Ankyspond
    Options
    Odds are on OZ in our house, obviously! X
    AS Sufferer
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    Hope u guys got around to having those beers. :smile:
    Think AB will win.x
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • CJHunter
    Options
    Per usual!!
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am sitting here watching a dire semi-final. Basically it's two indifferent teams one of whom will make it to the final. What a disappointing world cup this has been. Jones has missed the conversion. Ye gods. DD
  • Ankyspond
    Options
    Their all called 'jones' DD! X
    AS Sufferer
  • CJHunter
    Options
    Give up now DD :cry:
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I said France from the beginning, and somehow they have made it to the final. It will be a whitewash for the opposition on Sunday week, unless my mercurial French boys find what they have been missing. What a feeble and lacklustre world cup this has been. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It was frustrating, I was expecting Wales to hammer the dozy French but no. They all ran out of steam, and far too early. It was one big anti-climax. Tomorrow's should be better but I really do wonder if it will. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well, an indifferent team has won an indifferent world cup. No way should France have made it to the final, yet again the ABs prove they can only win at home, what a dire competition this has been. And not one pint drunk. :roll: That is the most disappointing aspect! DD
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    CJHunter wrote:
    Hope u guys got around to having those beers. :smile:
    Think AB will win.x
    A £10 on Wales to win might be worth the gamble. I see that the English RFC are sharpening their axes and getting ready to sacrifice the sacrificial lamb

Typical taffy racism that seem fine so long as it's always the English who are the victims!.
  • mellman01
    Options
    Ribbit ribbit crooooooack ribbit!?. Plop!!. :lol:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Post subject: Re: The Rugby World Cup
    A £10 on Wales to win might be worth the gamble. I see that the English RFC are sharpening their axes and getting ready to sacrifice the sacrificial l
    A £10 on Wales to win might be worth the gamble. I see that the English RFC are sharpening their axes and getting ready to sacrifice the sacrificial lamb

Typical taffy racism that seem fine so long as it's always the English who are the victims!.

Posted: 23 Oct 2011 12:02

So what do I have to do to get a response from anyone on this accusation????????????[/quote]

hi pal sorry lost the plot on this one lol. behave when mel better sure he will come up with one
    val
  • mellman01
    Options
    I've disguised myself as a metaphorical frog and am now living in a cyber pond on here coz it's a well known fact can't burn down ponds unlike holiday homes!, ribbit ribbit plop crooooooack! Ribbit!.
  • mellman01
    Options
    Don't do reactions it's to damp in here, being a frog however I do a mean front crawl and me spawning isn't half baaaaaaaaaadribbit!.
  • mellman01
    Options
    I'd love to retracted it Len by deleting it mate but this forum doesn't allow for such logical actions so is a sorry OK with you?, whatever you do just don't set fat Kev on me OK!?.
  • mellman01
    Options
    ribbit ribbit!?