queastion

Options
mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 12. Sep 2011, 12:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi All, I had a gramp , i thought it was in my leg but to my horror it was in my foot and my big toe was an awful position (it would not go flat with my other toes) I kept pressing this down but it was very sore as anyone else had this ?

Mike R * Hazel * Mike JR
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh yes, Mike, frequently. My big toe sticks up at almost 90 degrees to my foot and no, it won't go flat! I think it's caused by a cramp in the tendon. I stand up and stand on my foot with the other one. I prop myself on my crutches and wait for it to pass and it does. Oddly enough it's usually the left big toe that does it. Apart from that I hope that all is as well as it can be with you and your family. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mike77
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Oh yes, Mike, frequently. My big toe sticks up at almost 90 degrees to my foot and no, it won't go flat! I think it's caused by a cramp in the tendon. I stand up and stand on my foot with the other one. I prop myself on my crutches and wait for it to pass and it does. Oddly enough it's usually the left big toe that does it. Apart from that I hope that all is as well as it can be with you and your family. DD
    Thank you for responding to my post , this was my first time I saw this and funnly it was also my left toe , I too had to stand on it with my other foot it has left my foot sore when I move my big toe , it is scary when you see it for the first time .

all the best
    Mike R * hazel * Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I think that all cramps leave a little soreness behind, if it doesn't ease after a couple of days you might be wise to have a word with your GP. You might need to up your potassium levels, or is it magnesium? I can never remember but I know eating a banana every now and again helps. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I get it quite a lot, it is bloody painful but very temporary.. I usually try to 'roll' the sole of my foot over something such as a ball or even a can of pop, putting a fair bit of pressure on it. It usually helps for me anyway..

DD, it's magnesium that I take, I was suffering with leg and foot cramp on a very regular basis, docs put me on quinine but I don't like that stuff and you shouldn't be on it long term so now I take bog standard magnesium bought from the supermarket, has really worked for me, Mike, hope that helps matey..
    I think maybe potasium could be involved somewhere as they do say bananas, but the magnesium is cool..

:grin::grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mike77
    Options
    thanks all might try a bananna now and then

Mike R * Hazel * Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    tonic water in small amounts has quinine in
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Mike that sounds like a really painful cramp!

I hope it doesn't happen again, but if it does you could mention it at your next docs appointment?

Hope all is well with you and the family

Love

Toni xx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Yep cramp I'd say, get it in the bottom of me foot going up into the big toe but mine goes the other way like a claw, can feel it coming on if I'm quick like Tony I can catch it and stop it but if not I just hang on and wait for it to bugger off!.
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    I get mine with my thumb it just locks up and has to be pulled apart from my palm :evil