A Headline in our Local News

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 13. Sep 2011, 06:34 in Community Chit-chat archive
The headline is 'Farmers Urged to Encourage Mice'. All I can see now is farmers getting down from their tractors, pacing their fields and farmyards calling out 'Come on! You can do it! You know you can! I'm so proud of you!' I call that a good start to a dark and blustery Monday. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi DD, did the aticle say why farmers should encourage mice?
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Are things getting so bad that we now have mouse farming ? My particular favourite has always been mouse/rat itouille ! Jillyb
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    :lol::lol:

This reminds me of another headline about farmers:

Enraged Cow Injures Farmer with Axe

I have visions of a mad cow wielding an axe in revenge for all that milking :lol:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    ok so these big buch farmers are encoraging mice so there cats have something to play with why????
    cows with an axe that not a good thought val
    val
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    They will need a flute for this job I guess

yes dd, why do they need the mice? I thought they all had cats to rid them of mice.
    Confusing :???: :lol:

juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I liked the ratatouille, jilly, and that set me thinking about other mice-related food: that Greek staple, mouse-akka along with the more traditional mice pudding, mice crackers (Tilly's been eating them lately :shock: ) and plain boiled mice. There must be others but the brain is sluggish.

Thank you to all who replied, you have made me giggle! I have tried to load the article to read it but the machine won't play: I will blame the high winds (OUTSIDE, not in here.) DD
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Maybe the mad cow was enraged after all the ironing Joan :eek: :eek: :lol::wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Thought of more mouse related foods ! Bubble and squeak and mouseroom risotto . Sad soul aren't I ? Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Far from it, jillyb1! I am reading a Roy Grace (can't remember the name of it, woman killed, three suspects, no evidence). It's lovely able to place it, I recognise the landmarks he names, the views and vistas etc, it makes the story come alive in a very special way. DD