Wavelength

Options
tonesp
tonesp Member Posts: 844
edited 17. Sep 2011, 04:55 in Community Chit-chat archive
We have two old friends over to stay with us From the moment they got off the plane we haven't stopped laughing They seem to be able to read our mind and know exactly which buttons to push to make every moment fun It's been 8 years since we last saw them but it seems like five minutes Any mor similar experiences?? :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Tone

It's lovely that you are enjoying meeting up with your friends again, and that you are having fun.

Last year an old college friend of mine came over from Australia to stay with me. I hadn't seen her for over 30 years, although we always kept in touch. Once I got over her Australian accent, it was just as though we were back in our student days and we had a lot of laughs remembering all the things we got up to. :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I have a good friend who although he leaves here in Leeds, through one thing and another we don't see each other that often but when we do... Janet just rolls her eyes and leaves us to it.. We are as daft as the day we met back in 1976 approx.. When he gave me a saddle on his raliegh commando bike..
    I just look at him and start laughing, then again, he is butt ugly :eek: :lol:

Here's to good friends :grin::grin: Even the ugly ones :shock: :lol::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    We took them to the airport tonight Feel as though we were the ones on holiday not them Miss you Ron and Bet :cry::cry::cry:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aww Tones how lovely that you get on so well, It doesn't always work like that....so I hope they come to see you again very soon...I bet they would be thrilled to bits to read this... :grin:
    Love
    Barbara
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Options
    Tone ... that's a sign of true friends...time and distance are not barriers,
    you can pick up where you left off no matter what has gone between,

I have several friends like that , and like Joan have re-kindled friendships after many years picking up where we left off.
    True friends understand we have difficult lives, family and work commitments etc..because they do too.
    I wonder how face**K 'friends' and such will fair in the years to come?
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Now that's the sign of a proper friend :grin:

Glad you are having a fantastic time

enjoy yourselves

Love

Toni xx