Posters are finally up

Options
joann1
joann1 Member Posts: 263
edited 14. Sep 2011, 16:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Everyone

Hope everyone doesnt mind but i have been recommending this site to alot of people at work friends and patients, i have finally managed to put up alittle display with the posters/leaflets and info that you sent me.
the gp's think its great that this site helps the young and old and have all got some info in there rooms regarding the telephone numbers to ring etc

Jo-Ann
x x
Jo-Ann

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    great most of us find this with no help from any one loads must never find it val
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Welld one you Jo-ann :grin:

Really good idea

Love

Tonixx
  • joann1
    Options
    I just think that everyone should be aware of this site, it has helped me through so much and still is, everytime i go to see dr or consultant i always mention you all, ive just had a thought ive got a couple of posters left do you think anyone would mind if i asked the hospital to display them next time im there????
    Jo-Ann
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    you can always ask but often the rooms are used by other consultants on other days val
    val
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Jo-Ann,

Well done for that one, tis a good one eh?

Hey how you keeping? Cris x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Thats a good idea......If your hospital has a stand with arthritis leaflets on it....does it? There will be a point of contact.
    I go to hospitals {as a volunteer for the branch} armed with the official booklets, posters, sometimes old magazines.....I have a point of contact at each hospital that I can talk to. If when I first go there...if there isnt a stand I ask can I put one up and then proceed to fill it and keep going back to re-stock it. So I'm sure if you asked someone {they would probably have to look at it to check that it was correct....you know what these official bods are like :lol: } I'm sure they wouldnt mind. I would say your best try is the physio dept. Do you have a physio you could have a quick word with and he/she could maybe point you in the right direction??? Most of my stands are in the physio dept. The more the merrier. I'm sure they would be very happy to have it up. No one else uses the physio waiting room {not like a consultants room}
    Good Luck
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Well done to you, joann1, what a good thing to do. I don't see why your hospital would mind, my rheumatology reception area has a noticeboard and people stick all sorts of leaflets and info on there, it's always an interesting read. AC is on there, with other organisations too. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joann1
    Options
    I no one of the women quite well that works in the ortho dept so think might have a word with her to see if i can put them up in the waiting rooms, i just think that before i found out about this site i had really only heard of sites for older persons suffering with arthritis, so to hear about this was like a blessing so im going to make sure people are aware of you guys

Hi Cris
    im doing ok, still waiting to see consultant finally got appt for 5th oct so im hoping i'll find out exactly whats happening with hip and if i need surgery as for my knee well its been going really well seen consultant in july who was very pleased with the way things were going he said the graft sounded perfect???? had a few problems last couple of weeks knee has locked a few times and has a couple of falls but noticed its seems to have been sice the weather has started to turn damper and colder just hoping it doesnt get any worsem but i said i would be a guinea pig to see what happens after op etc so im trying to take it in my stride although at the moment im sitting here thinking its my 32nd birthday tomorrow but yet my body feels more like 62, anyway enough about me how you doing?
    Jo-Ann