PPI

Options
joann1
joann1 Member Posts: 263
edited 14. Sep 2011, 16:20 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hiya to all

Just wanted to no what you all thought about this payment protection insurance, i was watching the tv today when an advert came on about being mis-sold it, like the majority of people i do have a loan which i checked straight away to make sure i had cancelled this off which i had done, but after checking my credit card statments i have noticed that PPI is on those which to be honest i cant remember taking out or agreeing to have this, just wondered what you all thought and whether it would be worth giving these people a call???

Jo-Ann
x x
Jo-Ann

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Are you working and in a union?, if so they the union will have a legal department that will help you for nothing, remeber these people who advertise this kind of thnig are sharks, go to citzens advice or some other none for profit agency before talking to these people, they will take most of the money if your due any that is.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I would do as Mell says, don't use these people desperate for your business... I would have called them worse than sharks but Mell is much much posher than me :shock: :lol::wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    give it a go you can always get advice of house hold insurance it free with most of them these days and very good .
    with tax codes changing did you know if you no longer pay tax you can claim back what has been taken off your savings might not be much but worth looking into had a customer doing it to day had not crossed my mind will have to look see what we getting val
    val
  • joann1
    Options
    oooh you have a got me thinking now, im going to give the bank a call to see when ive had my card since and check if ive been paying the PPI since then, I spoke to a friend who has done the same thing and she has explained that i probably would not have received any payout through the PPI because i work and receive sick pay so to be honest why the heck would i want it :x
    Jo-Ann
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi
    This is what a lot of firms have done added the payment on without you noticing of even telling you that you have to have it...this was rubbish.
    Has Mell says try your union if you have one..if not ring round some solicitors and see what percentage they will take...but stay clear of these that are advertising..unless you double check what they are charging..
    Good Luck
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You need to investigate this, don't use those who advertise, use a government-based organisation or the CAB. I gave up the battle to get some money back and regret it now. If you have the energy do it. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joann1
    Options
    well ive rang around a few companies that were advertising on tv 25% was the least amount that they would take, waiting for someone from the CAB to contact me back by friday x x
    Jo-Ann