Goodbye Spartacus

Options
tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 14. Sep 2011, 08:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
If any of you have seen the recent series of Sprtacus, not sure what channel/s it has been shown on, but the lead role was played by a young Welsh born fella who was raised in Australia, Andy Whitfield I believe.. After filming season one he was taken ill with cancer.. He was absolutely fantastic in the role, and only thirty nine years young..
During his treatment they made a prequel to the series hoping that he would recover and be able to come back for season two, sadly not.. Another actor has taken his place, but boy are they some big sandals to fill..

Be warned though, anyone checking this series out, it is strictly adults only, filmed as Rome probably was... Violent, debauched and full of swearing..

RIP Spartacus :cry:
e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• Stu69
    Stu69 Member Posts: 202
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Not seen it but read the article and know of the guy. Sad news indeed. 39 is just no age.
    No-one was injured in the making of this signature, however, quite a few electrons may have been inconvenienced.
  • Stu69
    Options
    True that! Very indiscriminate and like most people I guess, it's touched my life or that of friends.

Will have to DL the series methinks.
    No-one was injured in the making of this signature, however, quite a few electrons may have been inconvenienced.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    thanks rehab i normal as you are lol welcome from me as well not seen this but might look it up it always seems worse when they so young life is unfair in many ways val
    val
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    My husband and i thoroughly enjoyed watching Spartacus.Was so sad to hear today that another great actor has left us.At thirty nine he was certainly to young to die.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Stu, Diamond,.thanks for adding to the thread..
    Welcome from me too,.don't listen to Rehab, I'm the only sane one here. Well, me and my Super Cat Ra... :???: :lol:

Nice to have you with us..

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Stu69
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Stu69 wrote:
    True that! Very indiscriminate and like most people I guess, it's touched my life or that of friends.

Will have to DL the series methinks.

Anyway I have been a bit remiss in welcoming you to the forum and specifically to the Chit Chat forum, so welcome. You might have already noticed that there are some very odd people posting on there, but Mellman, tjt6768, Val, Dream Daisy and Joan Lawson are quite harmless, bear with them. The rest of us a quite normal and nice

Hey, thanks Rehab. Damn nice of you! A pleasure to 'meet' you and I look forward to ridiculous amounts of banter with you!
  • Stu69
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    Stu, Diamond,.thanks for adding to the thread..
    Welcome from me too,.don't listen to Rehab, I'm the only sane one here. Well, me and my Super Cat Ra... :???: :lol:

Nice to have you with us..

...and thank you for the welcome, too! As I mentioned to rehab (sorta) I think I'm going to enjoy the banter with you fine people!

I'm on a slow broil at the mo whilst finding my feet, although I tend to try to leave them as far away as poss generally... they bloody stink! :lol:
  • tjt6768
    Options
    It's good to have another bloke, these wimmin are gaining too much sway, they will thing they are in control soon :shock: :lol:

Hey, I can highly recommend the series, one of my favourites, and then you should get the six part (I think it was six) prequel.. Very very good.
    One of the best since the Sopranos finished.

:grin::grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome Tony.We must have similar taste,also loved the Sopranos.Music loved that old one Sitting on thee dock off the bay by you know who!!!Hope you are well today.This message was sent from a older woman.xxx
  • tjt6768
    Options
    :???: okay then... Lol
    I'm not too bad thanks.

Glad that you found the forum. Hope that you find it as useful as most of us do mi dear.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP