Hope my daughter is ok??

Options
traluvie
traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
edited 4. Oct 2011, 03:14 in Community Chit-chat archive
My daughter has been experiencing problems such as painful wrists,fingers,knees and elbows, I did at first think it may have been growing pains but i saw her in alot of pain the other day with her wrist so i thought i'd better get her checked out as it has been going on about 7 months now..
Well i took her to the doctors this afternoon.He checked out her knees and believed her knees were more of her being an active teenager,He has said due to me having inflammatory arthritis he wants to run some blood tests to check for inflammation and RF factor..I REALLY hope it is all part of her growing up and not arthritis as she is 14 and i would hate her to feel as many of us do..
Have to arrange an appointment at the childrens hospital for her bloodtest,apparently under 16's cannot hav eblood taken from there GP??
She seems pretty calm and i have told her not too worry but i know she is thinking things and hoping she doesn't have it as she see's me suffer..Less than an hr ago i fell in the bathroom(didn't ask for help tut tut) she ran into me and acted really calm and got here dad..She can hold it together very well..I can feel her pain and worry... :cry:
Fingers crossed..

Thanks..feel better for getting that off my chest..been a hectic afternoon of doctors then tea homework with the both of them at the same time, bath(fall) now in bed reflecting as you do..Deep Breath...calm..that better ..lol :lol:
th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hoping for a good result hun.
    She doesn't happen to be a text freak does she? Could be that the wrists etc are rsi?
    Just a thought.. Much rather that than anything else.

Keep us up to date hun..

e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Know exactly how you feel , Tracy , my daughter has been tested regularly since the age of 12 ; she's now 30 . She had a lot of " growing pains " in her knees when maturing but hasn't followed in my footsteps and contracted RA . There really is no need to fear the worst , easier said than done I know , it simply could be growing pains associated with maturing into a young woman . I send love and positive vibes to you and your daughter . Jillyb
  • traluvie
    Options
    Your right Tony never thought of that?? good thinking batman.. :lol:

Jilly i'm more worried about how she is feeling lol..i'm ok, i always try to be positive, do not like negative vibes if i can help it..no point worrying about what might not be.. :wink:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    i know what you must be going through to feel one of your children might go through this well it would tear you apart, if you thought you had given it to them.
    but remember the meds are so much better now and you know all the coping tricks so if it not the good news we will all be praying for it will not be the end of the world.
    but all teens go through this so stay strong it more likely she will be ok than not leaving a bag of hugs because i know what ever we say you are going to worrie you are a great mum and will not be happy till you know she is ok good luck
    val
    val
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Tracy

Try not to worry (saying me who would be very worried too) and hopefully the results will come back ok. I am sure they will :smile:
    I have my fingers crossed for your daughter.

Juliepf x
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    Hi,

I will be hoping that the out come is just growing pains or osgood shlatters disease (can't spell it sorry) it's when the bones are growing too fast I think my middle son had it at about 14 but has grown out of it, very common in kids. Also agree with Tony about the texting it does put pressure on wrists and fingers that's why I have iPhone touch screen phone as easier to use.

Try and stay positive and keep us updated. Xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Oh Trace :sad:

Try not to worry lovey. All will be well l really hope.

My eldest had a blood test at the docs a bit back aged 15.....and fainted a right good-un!! She is 16 now and l think l will insist on hossie from now on. There is sense in what they are saying.

Thinking of you and sending keep well vibes your way

Love

Toni xxx
  • traluvie
    Options
    Thanks all for your well wishes...
    I am sure she will be fine too, just a precaution the doctor is taking,i'd be moaning if he wasn't doing his job properly lol..xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Tracey

I had a similar issue last year with my 7 year old. She was in pain in her wrists and feet and was crying with the pain. GP suggested it was growing pains and gave her some exercises to do. She has been okay since but I think it is wise to keep an eye and check these things out. Good luck and I hope all is well for her.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Tracy,

I don't often wonder in here but really hope the bloods come back negative. You must be so worried. Leaving a hug and a hope. Cris x

Hi Elizabeth,

Good to see she has been ok and so hope she will continue to be. ((((( ))))) and a warm sunny day. Cris xx
  • tkachev
    Options
    Thanks Cris x That was a relief but thankyou for your advice. I wasn't going to let them fob me off unless I was certain it was growing pains.

Hugs back ((((( ))))) x
    E x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • traluvie
    Options
    Thanks (((((x)))))
  • traluvie
    Options
    Just thought i would update..

My daughters bloods have come back fine..Phew lol..
    Am very relieved..
    Will be keeping a close eye on her and see how she goes as i know bloods doesn't rule anything out..

Good news is good.. :P
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    tracy that is good news :grin: I am pleased for both you and your daughter.

Juliepf x
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    glad that the bloods are clear hun. Let's hope that it is just growing pains etc.
    Wishing her the very best :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    What a relief for you both.
    Very wise getting it checked out quickly
    x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    so glad so it growing pains lol
    val
  • Niknak
    Niknak Member Posts: 44
    Options
    Hey there Tracy, so sorry to hear about your daughter and hope she is feeling much better soon, I really don't want to put a dampner on your negative blood results, but I just wanted to tell u that my daughter is three and all her bloods negative, however apparently it can be normal for bloods to be fine as were my little girls, but they are still saying juvenile arthiritus and want to start her on meds. This Is one of the reasons I find it hard to accept, and I would push to see a consultant . I really hope it is growing pains. I will support you xx chrissy x
  • traluvie
    Options
    Thanks all.. Much appreciated..

Chrissy i appreciate what you have said..I am still going to be cautious as my bloods were all ok too but i have inflammatory arthritis..
    Will keep an extra close eye on things and if i am still concerned i will take her back..
  • tkachev
    Options
    Only just seen this Tracey. I am glad the test results were good and you will continue to keep an eye on her just as I do mine.

Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    Only just seen this Tracey. I am glad the test results were good and you will continue to keep an eye on her just as I do mine.

Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Hiya Tracy,

I'm glad to hear your daughter's bloods came back ok. I'm wondering if she may have hypermobility. It's a very common cause of pain in teenagers.

She's very lucky to have a mummy like you looking out for her.

All the best and hope you're both not in too much pain.

Sophie x
  • traluvie
    Options
    Thanks Sophie..

I will be keeping a close eye on her just to be on th safe side..