mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 16. Sep 2011, 21:35 in Community Chit-chat archive
Spare a thought for the lost welsh miners and their families.Mig

Comments

• rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Tragedy hits the mines in Wales again today. I've lost family in mining accidents, in this day and age though with Health and safety you don't expect this sort of thing to happen. But apparently in South Wales they still dig for coal with axes and picks.
    R.I.P you brave men.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    So very very sad...I come from a family with a long line in mining...I remember my father ...after one awful accident..not wanting to go back down...they where so brave to do the job in the first place...will be thinking about there poor family's..
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    I am thinking of them and their families

:sad:

so sad

Love

toni xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    my thoughts are with the families at this sad time but i know the families will be well suported by the comunity val
    val
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    It is an awful thing to happen. our thoughts are with the families
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Mig,

I am from ex mining stock and know its a horrible environment cus went down one of ours.

They earn every penny and those poor lads paid the highest price.

Thinking of them and their families. Cris x

Hi Ron,

The tinners worked with pix axes and shovels and drills designed in the 1800's as well till the day the mines closed and however much health and safety comes in its an incredibly dangerous environment.

One of our mines was modern.... she claimed a life a year for every year she was open... except one year she didn't then claimed 2 the next years.

Its just a very unsafe place down there and health and safety.... well they cut the tunnels and seems inside the cuts and cave ins are always a worry. x