Happy Friday Folks!!!

Options
Stu69
Stu69 Member Posts: 202
edited 18. Sep 2011, 16:47 in Community Chit-chat archive
I'm going to 'A Festival Of Fanny' with the good lady Wife, this evening. :shock: :wink:

It's really rather Innocuous, but sounds great - if you can guess what that is I'd be surprised! :grin:

What is everyone else up to?

Hope it's as pain free as can be for you all, and have a goodun!

Stu.
No-one was injured in the making of this signature, however, quite a few electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :shock: :shock: :shock: She's a keeper :shock: :shock: :shock:
    :lol::lol:

I fear to ask... :???:

e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    :shock:

don't tell me a102.gif

g150.gif

I plan to chill tomorrow because my husband is going to Goodwood

Love

Toni xx
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I hope he wins some dosh for you Toni!

Maybe he'll win enough to........... :lol:

Have a good day chillin

Janie xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Well I have been invited to a BBQ tomorrow, not a little garden one but a cracking bunch of many mates all having a day off from various rallies and ride-outs.

Unfortunately I haven't arranged a baby sitter so I think its a no-no for me unless OH parents are able.Unfortunately they have just come home from a holiday so may be needing to catch up
    : (
    E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    Options
    dunno what we will be doing. Sadly more n more of our time seems to be dictated by arthur, this yr seems to be one flare after another..
    never know, he may just behave enough to do something... :roll:
    Today has been a full day of resting so I may benefit slightly from it tomorrow with any luck.
    Also... I may not have to be within limping distance if a loo if the ibs behaves tomorrow too :oops: :roll: :lol:
    All I can say is.... I'm glad I dint leave the house today..

Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Stu,

I reckon your 'fanny' festival is to do with cookery.... fanny craddock??

Just chillin this weekend OH is going to daugters new house to tidy up the garden :grin:

Rose x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Indeed Tony- some loos are a long way off and some even up stairs. We girls also have the issue of queuing to worry about. Nothing worse than turning the corner to find a mile long queue!

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ooooh, I reckon it's a festival of bum bags (the Americans call them fanny packs). Whatever it is I hope you and Mrs S have a lovely time. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    Options
    well our weekend is off to an exciting start, been to see the mil :shock:

Lol

Back home for a bit of lunch, see if I can get this sciatica to bugger off. Then we are off to get my nephew a present, he is six tomorrow bless him.
    Probably take it over today, be nice to see them.. Don't know why arthur can't just wait here for me :roll:

Have fun folks.. And I'm still rather baffled about the erm, fannies :eek: :eek:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    nothing much oh at work and flare playing up a bit so will rest while i can
    val
  • Stu69
    Options
    Hey, thanks folks, and well done to those who got the Fanny Craddock gist of it!

Yep was a foodie night at a fabulous place called 'The Post Office Tea Rooms' in St Leonards-on-Sea. If you're in SE UK PLEASE take a look there one day. Usually a breakfast and dinner place, they do a themed dinner night once a month and Fanny Craddock was the inspiration behind their evening last night.

We had recipes inspired by the great and mad Fanny Craddock, with a Heston Blumenthal bent... I mean, Cheese ice-cream in a crispy case, curried egg 'toadstool' and melba toast, all served on a spinach 'sea' :lol: That was just the starter! Then classic, authentic Fanny-style duck a l'orange and a swan profiterole swimming on a butterscotch sea. Inspired and total fun!!

OK, today, the back and neck probs are gonna give me no more than a couple of hours at the Hastings seafood and Wine festival, but we're heading down to Hastings Old town in a mo to attend that and have a wee drinky too!

I'm going to suffer so much later - pain dullers on stand-by. :lol:

Hope it's a good Sat for all, and as pain-free as you can be!

Stu x
    No-one was injured in the making of this signature, however, quite a few electrons may have been inconvenienced.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    And here's me thinking your missus was the most understanding wifey ever :shock: Lol

Glad that you had a good one Rkid..
    Have fun today, take it steady though.. Payback is one evil beehatch :roll:

We met up with a wonderful friend from AC today, all spur of the moment but wonderful all the same..
    Made my smile :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Stu69
    Options
    tjt6768 wrote:
    And here's me thinking your missus was the most understanding wifey ever :shock: Lol

Glad that you had a good one Rkid..
    Have fun today, take it steady though.. Payback is one evil beehatch :roll:

We met up with a wonderful friend from AC today, all spur of the moment but wonderful all the same..
    Made my smile :grin:

:lol::lol:

Another nice afternoon with the Wife - Food and Wine Fest was brilliant!

Tony, those are the best meets - the drop-in or random spur of the moment times. Glad you had a goodun, and are you feeling a bit better?

When we had dinner last night - the place was small, just 30 covers - all people were seated in tables of 4 or above. We just happened to be put on a table with a couple with whom in minutes we were all just away! What a laff, and an easy 3 hours went by just in a flash. We didn't expect to be put in a mixed table - hadn't thought about it, but glad it happened like that as is was just so much better for it! Totally random but easy conversation, and have all decided to meet again... how cool!
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Nice one Stu..
    I have been a tad better today, managed to get round the full supermarket earier, albeit slowly, with the pace of a tortoise with broken toes and no sense of direction :roll: :lol:

The meeting was a great bonus :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Woo Woo i was right! :grin:

Glad you had a great time Stu!