Hello from Wales

Options
Sifre
Sifre Member Posts: 5
edited 1. Oct 2011, 11:41 in Say Hello Archive
Hi
My name is Anne, I live in SW Wales, I'm 61, have 6 children and 9 grandchildren. Unfortunately I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis, a bit of Osteo which caused spinal cord damage in my neck, Sjogren's Syndrome, a bit of gout on my ear plus a few other things.
I live in sheltered accommodation with my bulldog Phillip and Galah Cockatoo Alfie. Phil is training through Dog Aid to help me but I also have carers 3 times a day. I use an electric wheelchair and mobility scooter.
I am a very cheerful person and enjoy life immensely, I have lovely neighbours and a few good friends.
That's me then, good to be here.
Xx
anne.gif

Comments

• diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome Anne,You will find a good few people on here with RA and OA.Regarding Sjogrens not heard of anyone with this,but i am fairly new to the forum.I myself was tested for this 3 years ago but at that point nothing showed up.I have OA and Inflammatory.You will receive a lot of support and help from others here.At times there are tears but there is also a lot of laughs.You seem a jovial person considering all your health problems.Bye the way loved your roses.NIGHT NIGHT. XX
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    Hi anne. . Welcome from me too. Loved the introduction. . Bulldog how lovely. .they are great dogs. .bet it is a good companion for you. ? Sounds like you got a few things going on but you have come to the right place. The forum is a great source of information and a great place to have a smile put on your face on down days. . I reckon you will fit in just fine and dandy. . Look forward to hearing from you again. X
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Well Hello Anne :grin:

A huge welcome from me. Lovely introduction. Judging by what you ahve said you should fit in here very nicely and we should have plenty of information and tips to swap both ways :smile:

6 kids e?..... :shock: and l thought 3 was hard :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • Sifre
    Options
    Thank you for a lovely welcome, it's good to be here. Lynn, take no notice of people who say things like that, it's complete rubbish. I do train him myself with the help of my trainer Kerri and although he can be stubborn at times he is doing quite well. He will do anything for food lol.
    Xx
    anne.gif
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Anne and welcome from me too!

What a lovely introductory post - your cheerfulness and positivity shines through. If you have any to spare please can I buy some from you :lol: I would pay handsomely :lol:

Really look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Tilly xxx
  • Sifre
    Options
    Hello again, sorry I haven't posted again, it's not because I don't like the forum!!
    I'm having a rough time healthwise because my methotrexate had to be reduced as it affects my white blood cells. I will be coming off it and onto another drug, can't remember the name but it begins with L , having bloods tomorrow and hoping doc has had his letter from rheumatologist so we can get on with it.
    Back soon lol
    xx
    anne.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Leflunomide? Could that be the one? I am sorry for the belated welcome, I hope you are as well as you can be. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Sifre
    Options
    Yes that is the one, rheum hasn't sent letter to doc yet so I took my letter down for them to copy when I went for bloods. They also reduced my hydroxichloroquin at the same time, that's for Sjogren's Syndrome don't think that helped lol.
    At the moment my brain isn't even working properly I'm so fatigued, mind you not much change there lol.
    Hope all of you are as well as you can be.
    Xx
    anne.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Aren't your roses beautiful? I am off my meth and humira at the moment as I am on penicillin for pharyngitis. Please post your news on LWA Sifre, I am sure you will receive more answers there as more people hang out on that part of AC. I hope you feel better soon - or as better as any of us can manage! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Anne
    I'm sorry I dont know how I missed this
    So a very belated welcome from me....I have OA so am not really familiar with the RA drugs.
    Do know that pain is awful regardless
    As you say you are a very positive person
    Good for you

Love
    Hileena