Wish me luck

Options
vonski
vonski Member Posts: 1,292
edited 25. Sep 2011, 04:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi CT scan tomorrow, Thorax, Abdomen and Pelvis . No problem with it but my back is killing me yet again and the trolley/bed isn't the easiest thing to get on or off.
Thanks
Vonski

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    They're not, are they? Take it gently and I hope it all goes well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Good luck vonski

Hope the scan doesn't take too long and that the staff are good to you.

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    good luck for tomorrow,will be in pocket.Mig
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, I hope all goes well for you tomorrow and I'll be thinking about you and wishing you well.
    Loads of love Sue xxxx (((((())))
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    Hope it all goes well for you Vonski
    and they can lower the bed for you.

Be thinking of you.

Love Kath x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Good luck from me Vonski, I'll be thinking about you. Hope it goes well. :grin:

Luv
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Not easy to get on & off and not even easy to lie on in between for any length of time.

Hope it goes well for you, Vonski,
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Ankyspond
    Ankyspond Member Posts: 626
    Options
    In your pocket and thinking of you. Xx
    AS Sufferer
    Live, love and enjoy life, live each day as though it's your last!
  • mouseymousey
    mouseymousey Member Posts: 283
    Options
    Hope it all goes well. Just ask for some help, I usually get offered the step thing as I am short anyway.
    Take a good book, if its anything like here you may have to wait a while.
    I also take handwash stuff in my bag as I like to clean my hands if I'm in a public place (yes I am paranoid).... :smile:
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Vonski
    They aren't easy to get on an off are they.....good luck

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Vonski
    Hope everything goes well tomorrow, and has for the trolley dont you struggle, I get then to bring a stool, make it a bit easier.
    You take care, and let us know how you get on.
    Love
    Barbara
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hiya,

Wishing you well for tomorrow,

Magenta x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    good luck fingers are crossed val
    val
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Vonski,
    Good luck for tomorrow and as said get someone to help you and don’t be rushed.

I hope the results come through soon for you.
    Lv, I x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow Vonski and really hope you get some decent help on and off the trolley.

Hope the back will be hurting a bit less in the morning and the scan and lying odd doesn;r make it worse. Cris xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Vonski

I missed this as I was away. :oops: I do hope it all went ok, my lovely and you do not have to wait too long for the results. I also hope you do not feel any worse having to go through with the scan.You have had lots of support from others on the forum and it warms my heart to see that.

You look after yourself, dear Vonski,

Lots of love and gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I hope it went OK and that you did not find it too uncomfortable. DD
  • vonski
    Options
    Thank you all you lovely people I'm sure that you helped. It was one of the easiest CT scans I've had, I've had 5 + 1 MRI and 2 x rays in 3 years others during last 25yrs. too, greedy again, am I glowing yellow yet ??? I didn't have the dye injected or the normal drink, got another though but they remember I had anaphylictic shock which was good as I didn't want another. I was taken in by a nice young man who raised the trolley for me and then I was helped to lay down by a nice radiographer who put a pillow under my knees. When it was time to get up she lowered the trolley and gave me something to pull on and helped. Still think it would be easier on a flat bed.
    Went to Drs. yesterday as I caught my shoulder on door frame trying to hold myself up :roll: That was in July been to Drs. two other times and got nowhere, this one is giving me an injection tomorrow, didn't know they did them at surgery as I've been sent to hospital before. Maybe I will get use of my arm and hand back.
    Next week ultrasound again which my Dr. was going to arrange but I ended up doing it. Opened up far an op and surgeon called Gynae to look at somehing and she drained 700ml from a cyst :shock: no wonder it felt like a balloon filled with water up my jumper. I knew about cyst and now it will be watched more. All I have to do now is sort Neuro surgeon must have got braver. Maybe feeling sorry for myelf. I hope hope you are all having a reasonable day thanks again. DD you are always thinking of others, you are so caring.
    Love
    Vonski x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    This, Vonski, is not the post of someone who is 'feeling sorry for themselves'. Far from it. You came, you saw, you did what had to be done. Good on you. I hope the injection helps.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,512
    Options
    How on earth did l miss this??

Vonski!

Good to see you and to see you so upbeat with all that going on :shock:

Glad they were so kind to you and hope the results are useful in sorting you out.

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi vonski

just sending a hug (((())))) and hope the injection works

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Vonski

I am relieved that it all went well for you and that a nice young man looked after you as well as a pleasant radiographer. Makes all the difference, doesn’t it?

I am sorry to hear about your shoulder – I know all about a painful shoulder so really sympathise with you. I do hope that the injections went ok for you and more importantly that it does the trick. I was most surprised when my GP offered to give me a steroid injection in my shoulder at the surgery. He said he was interested in that kind of thing! :wink::lol: Saved travelling to the local hospital so suited me fine and it worked for a goodly time too.

Good for you for arranging your appointments. Sometimes that is what we have to do, unfortunately, which is not the right way round at all and often we just do not feel well enough to fight our corner. I am so pleased to see that you must be feeling a little stronger to start pressing for these appointments that you need.

Lots of love and gentle hugs

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    My apologies, vonski, I missed your update as I am under the weather. There are some very lovely people in the NHS and when they are both young and male I too find that makes a helluva difference! (DD: The Cougar Years is being written by a ghostwriter as I am far too busy finding said young men!) I am glad it went OK and I know they are far from comfortable. Good news about the cyst being drained - I had one that weighed 3.8 kilos hanging off an ovary - that caused some fun! DD
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Glad everything went well Vonski and lovely to see you sounding so positive.

Much love
    Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • vonski
    Options
    Hi Back at last, I couldn't get on the forum yesterday and when I reported it they said they had no e mail address for me so they could update my password:shock: Tried today and they had it so here I am :grin:
    Sticky Thank you for your faith in me it does help. Injection is helping some things.
    Toni good to see you too, hope you are doing okay.
    Julie thanks for looking on and the hugs coming back at you.
    Elna I hope you are managing as best you can. I remember your problems.
    DD sorry to hear that you were under the weather hope you are feeling better now. Any luck with your search that made me laugh where can I find the book? I need some tips.
    Elizabeth good to see you, you always seem positive I don't know how you do it.
    Love and hugs
    Vonski x