Positive stuff!

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 22. Sep 2011, 06:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
Evening all,

I posted on Monday regarding missing some of my induction week at uni for a hospital appt. As it turns out, they didn't take a register so they would never have known if I was there or not. All that panic for nothing! Thank you again for the support.

Rheumy nurse appt was very productive. I keep getting mouth ulcers but feel the benefit of MTX outweights the side effects. Injected methotrexate was suggested and I have an appt to learn how to stab myself next week. :lol: I was diagnosed with seronegative RA but due to my pattern of affected joints and episode of scalp psoriasis as a child, alongside a family history of psoriatic toe nails, the nurse feels it's more likely I have psoriatic arthritis.

I had a depo steroid injection 3 weeks ago and I'm still feeling the positive effects. It's made my first couple of days at uni far more pleasant.

Sophie x

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    well done glad it was good one and worth missing a bit of uni for good luck hope you have great year val
    val
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi sophie glad it all worked out in the end.

I am pleased the effect of the steroid is still working and hope it keeps working for a good few weeks yet.
    Best of luck with the jabbing, I am sure you will be able to manage it and hopefully witj injecting the meth the mouth ulcers will go.

Take care
    Juliepf x
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Hi Starburst, glad to hear that things are looking up for you. I hope your uni term goes well and the injected mtx works better for you.