Cimzia - give us the dirt

Options
jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
edited 22. Sep 2011, 03:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
Plan to start it in upcoming weeks, what have people found with it? I've been told by doc its worse on infection side of things. Other than that I've not heard much.

Comments

• salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, I've just posted something further down about Cimzia and infections. I get a lot of them. Interesting that you've been told it's worse as I was told that by my nurse today. It's a relatively new drug so imagine it has taken time for that side of things to emerge.

Apart from that it is good. I'm certainly more mobile but the infections do get me down. I cancel more things than I go to but at least I can get to things when I'm well! (if you know what I mean....)

I'll be interested to see what others say.
  • jenzie06
    jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
    Options
    Just a little concerned as I have a toddler who spent last winter with a permanent cold. He has bad ears so infections are every two weeks to every month. He is very free and easy with his sneezing too!

My consultant has told me cimzia is 'safe' to conceive and carry a baby up to 30 weeks gestation. But apparently there's not a lot of proof. I don't plan to become a guinea pig! Might not be relevant to you but quite interesting none the less!
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    I had a minimal RA improvement but it sorted my bowel problems out great. nfortunately I had so many ENT infections it was driving me mad one a month at least. Then after last winter I had a massive case of chest infection that took a month to clear and when I tried to restart it I had an allergic reaction to it so after testing the following month I had to stop it. Im having a break from Biologics now as thats my 4th with little response and I ave to admit they all made me feel like I was walking through thick mud every day I never truly felt well. 20 20 vision I didnt realise til I came off it. The Ra is alot worse off it but I dont feel ill if you can understand that.

After all that dont let it put you off its worth a try you are not me and others have had a great response to it.

Good luck whatever you decide.
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I'm on Cimzia, Jenzie since January. It was very good up until July and then I have slowly gone downhill again. I have not suffered any infections at all and all I have suffered with is tiredness, pretty extreme at times. It has been the best anti-tnf for me.

Not very dirty eh?

Janie