just had dla appeal refusal letter,what do I do for the best

Options
tillypink
tillypink Member Posts: 212
edited 24. Sep 2011, 23:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone

Just had my letter for my Appeal, "refusal for DLA"... gutted aint the word, feel such a fake and liar, and that tablets I take daily to control my pain are just sweets, the fact I'm in pain all the time, and my osteo arthritis is just a regular cold to them, sorry I'm so angry and upset!

I know I'm not the only one who is suffering and that there are worse people than me out there, so sorry for moaning.

I don't know what to do next, if to appeal the decision or to reapply for DLA again as a fresh claim.

As they said at the tribunal that, I'm being judged by my condition from march 2010 to Sept 2010, and I've gotten worse in the last year! I think the reason crap, but them is the rules.. pisses me off(sorry) !

How can that appeal board sleep at night I don't know, but guess there not suffereing like the rest of us !!!

thanks

Lisa(tillypink)

Comments

• angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry hun, I'm rubbish with things like this, but I did want to send you a huge hug as you sound so fed up, and rightly so.

I'm sure the experts will come along with some wonderful advice, but I'm always good for a hug or two.

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • tillypink
    tillypink Member Posts: 212
    Options
    thanks angie x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I'm sorry too. It has been a year so I expect they can get away with the decision as it is really hard to prove how you were back then. Would you want to do a fresh claim based on how you feel now? I don't expect you can backdate the claim at all can you so you've lost a good few months. I am sorry and upset for you.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Tilly
    To say Im sorry is an understatement..I am fuming for you, and sick to death of these people treating you and others like this.

All I can say is if it was me , I would appeal again till they get tired of seeing or hearing from me,
    Have you been to cab, or even get your MP on the case, just find out if there is a surgery nearby, or write a letter, Im not keen on emails when it comes to MPs.
    I know you must be felling so down at the min and ready to give up, but please we are all behind you, don't let them win.
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    bloody hell. Make me so angry..
    I just wish they could spend a day in our shoes.. It's a horrible thing hun
    I've recently posted my 'form' off for re-assessment.. Dreading the outcome..
    I've got so much worse these past couple of yrs but haven't dared re do my claim even though I now need more help in case it rocked the boat so to speak. Heard so many horror stories..

Good luck whatever you do mi dear.
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • sennacharib
    sennacharib Member Posts: 76
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear you were refused...makes me so mad...they dont know what pain we go through...its so hard on you, no wonder your fumming...poor love :(

Just remember your not a fake and a liar, they are wrong not you!!! I was refused DLA before i was awarded it, 3 years ago, when i applied for degenerative discs disease in my back, i think they refuse everyone first time...or so it seems....but i appealed and won :) That was before any arthritis started lol...

Good luck sweety, let us know what you decide...know that we are all behind you :)

Hugs Love Senna xxxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    tillypink

I can't help with any advice I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you have not been awarded the dla again. All I can do is send you hugs ((((((())))))))))
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Take some time out to regroup and rethink, I have no advice as I am not in that situation but I am very sorry. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    I am so sorry tillypink its so wrong.
    I was worried like tony about saying I was getting worse in case they refused me on review so I sent in the forms to say I was the same as before. The ESA form is harder as you have to fill oout more but my GP support letter was really good and I am much worse with loads of other issues now.
    Its wrong when we need the support and are too scared to say anything in case were refused on review and for people like you tilly who need a bit of help and cant get it. Youre not a fraud honey they just have no idea and if I was a Greek goddess I would smite them all... sorry been doing classics with my daughter :lol: But its not a laughing matter really.

I wish you well and a few hugs (((())))

Theresa x
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Dont know what to say to you that will make a difference to how you are feeling,maybe if they spent sometime chasing the bxxxxxds that are screwing the system you would have had a fairer hearing.stick with it and let us know how you get on.Mig
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    I am so so very sorry for you, I'm not surprised you'r upset. :shock: I wish I could offer some good advice but I'm afraid I don't know about dla. Maybe your CAB office can suggest something helpful. Lots of love, Sue xxxxx ((((()))))
  • liesa
    liesa Member Posts: 821
    Options
    Im so sorry to hear this, but mines the same, have had dla for several years but this year they refused to award the care component, had it at the low rate, then they gave me middle rate which meant my daughter can be down as my carer... but new rules now wont allow me any care component luckily i can keep my mobility for a couple more years... i have appealed been turned down, appealed again... turned down again... had the medical guy come to the house and act like a friend... i didnt play his silly game... just was myself, but now its going to tribunal as he wrote usual day to day stuff down that i could do... stoopid man wants to live in my shoes for a day!!

fight for your right!!!
    love and hugs
    8997C823B17A6252CBCA252F4BF2932D.png
  • wendylou
    wendylou Member Posts: 88
    Options
    tillypink wrote:
    Hi everyone

Just had my letter for my Appeal, "refusal for DLA"... gutted aint the word, feel such a fake and liar, and that tablets I take daily to control my pain are just sweets, the fact I'm in pain all the time, and my osteo arthritis is just a regular cold to them, sorry I'm so angry and upset!

I know I'm not the only one who is suffering and that there are worse people than me out there, so sorry for moaning.

I don't know what to do next, if to appeal the decision or to reapply for DLA again as a fresh claim.

As they said at the tribunal that, I'm being judged by my condition from march 2010 to Sept 2010, and I've gotten worse in the last year! I think the reason crap, but them is the rules.. pisses me off(sorry) !

How can that appeal board sleep at night I don't know, but guess there not suffereing like the rest of us !!!

thanks

Lisa(tillypink)
    Hi Lisa I went through the same thing as you the b*****ds put me through Hell I suffer with O A of both Hips and Knees and also have degenerative disease of the spine and prodruding Disces which is irritating a nerve causing my left leg to go dead, I have to use a wheelchair to which i went to the Tribunal in my wheelchair I think they pay these peaple to be nasty the doctor was an elderley woman she was horrid asking me alot of stupid questions like who does your hair and how do i get my clothes, My sister and My hubby also my Benefit officer were with me so about my hair i replied my sister helps me which she does, they whould not let my benifit officer speak, The care person that was there asked me how do i manage the stairs to which i said i cannot carry anything up or down stairs as i have my stick in one hand and hold on to the handrail, so she told me to get an apron with big pockets in and a big bag to wrap around my shoulders, My benifit officer was disgusted at this so when like you got the letter of refusal my B officer wrote and asked how can they come to this decision, i got a copy of what they said which was that I had egsadurated my claim form and that i was vague and evasive, Well when i saw this i was really upset about it, I would not mind but they had a letter of my G P saying i was Disabled and had to have help but they ignored his letter, which to me they are calling him a liar as well as me so when i went back to my G P i told him the outcome he was fuming and told me to put in for it again and to make sure my B officer to put his name on the form personally so i thinks he's going to have a few choice words with them, but at the moment i am concentrating in getting my pain under control to which the doctor has me on Morphine at the moment and i have to keep going back every 4 week untill he gets the right level. But what i went through has put me off putting in for it again it was just pure hell and i don't think they should do this to us Honest people, they made me feel as if i was receiving it and i had been found out cheating but i bet they don't put the cheaters through what i went through it really makes me mad, anyway sorry this so long but if and when i put in for it again i will let you and all the other people who get refused how i get on , Bye for know Wendylou xx
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Hi, I just don't get it. David (I understand the disabled )Cameron promised that genuine people would not suffer but he seems to be just interested in getting the numbers down.
    The whole government live on cloud cuckoo land. If they're disabled they hire people to do things for them, us ordinary folk don't have that option.

If I was a nasty person I would smite them all down with something horrible even if it was only temporary.

I would keep applying/appealing, common sense surely will have to prevail.
    Sorry not much help, I know how draining the whole process is.
    Take care